Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recruiting artists for paid pixel art orders

ChromeCricketGames

Budget: $500
E-mail: johnnyoneal @ gmail.com

Are you a pixel artist who would like to get some simple, quick-turnaround paid work? I'm interested in recruiting artists for an indie game project.

Work performed for this project will be **paid** and **credited**. Whether you're a talented amateur or an aspiring professional, you could be a good fit for this project.

**What I'm Looking For**

To qualify for this project, you will need to be able to emulate the look of the following sprites:

![](http://i48.tinypic.com/35c3gnc.png)

The sprites don't need to look too fancy – and wouldn't blend into the existing art if they were. The look is intentionally a bit retro, like early SNES RPGs with black outlines and 8-16 color palettes. In most cases, I'm looking for static sprites that can be animated later.

**What You Can Earn**

I am willing to offer the following rates to new artists:

* **$5** - Design a Hero character with two sprites: a "low-level" version (~22x22 pixels) and an "epic" version (~26x26 pixels). Characters #1/#2 and #3/#4 are examples of this.
* **$5** - Design a monster (between 32x32 and 40x40 pixels) with two poses (#6 and #7 are examples of monsters)
* **$10** - Design a boss monster (between 32x32 and 56x56 pixels) with two poses (#8 is about the right size, but there's room for improvement in the design)

If you're a little more established and have a strong portfolio, I can discuss higher pricing, but my budget is relatively limited at this time. For someone with a lot of time to work on this, there's a lot of work available (over 100 sprites that need to be completed within the next couple of months). But it's my expectation that I'll spread that work over a few artists.

**Artist Requirements**

My requirements aren't too stringent. I'm happy working with artists of any age or experience level. But the following requirements are important:

* You must be willing to tell me your real name, so your work can be credited.
* You must be ready to accept direction via e-mail, and be at least okay at English. :)
* You must reply promptly to e-mails and work at a reasonable speed (delivering new art at least once every week).
* You must be willing for me to make one round of comments (which means you make one round of edits).
* You must be willing to share examples of your past work, even if it's just your DeviantArt page.
* You must submit one **example** (see below).

If you're interested, please PM me. I will ask that you create one example of an original 26x26 pixel art fantasy character that matches the look of the characters above. If I like it, we'll start working together (and I will pay you $5 to finish the first piece along with a 22x22 version). Once we've started working together, I will pay according to basic project milestones (25% upfront, 50% at first-round delivery, and 100% at final version that incorporates any comments). I don't expect anyone to work for free, and I will pay via PayPal so we can keep track of one another.

**About Me**

This is the first time I've worked on a project involving pixel art, but I have a lot of experience working with artists on professional projects for the companies where I've worked in product development (Mattel and Spin Master Toys). If you need a reference for what it's like to work with me directly, I can put you in touch with [Darren Calvert](http://www.darrencalvert.com/) aka [D-MAC](http://d-mac.deviantart.com/).

Hoping I can find some partners on this great community of artists!

So the way your post sounds, I could design a hero with their two image tiers, and get 5 dollars for it?
So 10 dollars for 2 complete hero sheets?

Also, this is the palette you want to be used, correct?
![](http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/29/NES_palette.png)