[EO + 3.0] [Updated 1.1] Shop improvements - multiple item cost value

zerohero

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Domino_:

> Hmm. did you tryed to sell something in shop? Because I get this "The shop doesn't want that item." but thats maybe a mistake that I have made. ill check.

I'm 99% sure thats because the value of the item to buy would be 0 or lower. Make sure you give the item a value, and make sure the shop has a buying rate of 100%.

@fireheat222:

> Did all of this and found NO CHANGE at all to shop editor… really weird...

You need to edit your shop editor form as I showed you or use the one I attached at the bottom of the tutorial and copy it over your current one.

@Joyce:

> Guys, instead of shouting it doesn't work try posting WHAT doesn't work and what code gives you any issues.

Finally some words of wisdom, its refreshing to see that not everyone is screaming and shouting because it simple 'DOES NOT WORK'. Please post the issues you are having and I will try my best to fix them, personally I have installed this on two fresh copys or 3.0 and it works perfectly.

If you cannot follow a tutorial than perhaps you are not ready for game development just yet :)

@zerohero:

> Finally some words of wisdom, its refreshing to see that not everyone is screaming and shouting because it simple 'DOES NOT WORK'. Please post the issues you are having and I will try my best to fix them, personally I have installed this on two fresh copys or 3.0 and it works perfectly.
>
> If you cannot follow a tutorial than perhaps you are not ready for game development just yet :)

@Sigridunset:

> I'm getting a RTE 9
> ```
>     CopyMemory ByVal VarPtr(Shop(shopnum)), ByVal VarPtr(ShopData(0)), ShopSize
> ```

I posted about three days ago, and you did not reply.

Thank you Joyce! It fixed my problem, but i have a new one now. It simply does not work. When i click to buy an item, no matter what the item cost is, i can't buy it. It keeps telling me "You do not have enough to buy this item."

• 2 weeks later...
I tested it a few times, trying it over and over, and i can't buy the items if they have a multiple cost. If they require only one item, i get the item in the store, but the item thats the price isnt taken from my inventory.