Find results in...

Dragon Eclipse 2.0

Draco.exe

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Spirited:

> If it wasn't known already I would like to point out that RPG Maker XP and VX Animations work in this almost perfectly. This custom version is great, nice work.
> [![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/b4e522aa208cae168586d74697eea200.jpg)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#b4e522aa208cae168586d74697eea200.jpg)
>
> I prefer VX over XP when it comes to animations. Vx is a lot better.

well, i didn't know that :P…but you need to edit the animation tile? (i think the animations for RPG maker are in two lines, and the Eclipse animations are in 1 line)

armor is not working, i know that to set dmg as the armor which is Item(armor).data2\. script looks good and cant figure out why it is not adding the armor up  :sad:

i made some random armor with damage 255 and made a npc with 10 dmg atk me and it always did damage when it shouldn't have done any.

Function GetPlayerProtection

>! Function GetPlayerProtection(ByVal index As Long) As Long
    Dim Armor As Long
    Dim Helm As Long
    GetPlayerProtection = 0
>!     ' Check for subscript out of range
    If IsPlaying(index) = False Or index <= 0 Or index > Player_HighIndex Then
        Exit Function
    End If
>!     Armor = GetPlayerEquipment(index, Armor)
    Helm = GetPlayerEquipment(index, Helmet)
    GetPlayerProtection = (GetPlayerStat(index, Stats.Endurance) \ 5)
>!     If Armor > 0 Then
        GetPlayerProtection = GetPlayerProtection + Item(Armor).Data2
    End If
>!     If Helm > 0 Then
        GetPlayerProtection = GetPlayerProtection + Item(Helm).Data2
    End If
>! End Function

i changed these for both situations
' take away Armour (pvp)
        Damage = Damage - GetPlayerProtection(Victim)

' take away Armour (npc atk player)
        Damage = Damage - GetPlayerProtection(Index)

did i do this right? and to verify i checked armor in your client/server and it didn't work to begun with

@Exxsamuari:

> armor is not working, i know that to set dmg as the armor which is Item(armor).data2\. script looks good and cant figure out why it is not adding the armor up  :sad:
>
> i made some random armor with damage 255 and made a npc with 10 dmg atk me and it always did damage when it shouldn't have done any.
>
> Function GetPlayerProtection
>
> >! Function GetPlayerProtection(ByVal index As Long) As Long
>     Dim Armor As Long
>     Dim Helm As Long
>     GetPlayerProtection = 0
> >!     ' Check for subscript out of range
>     If IsPlaying(index) = False Or index <= 0 Or index > Player_HighIndex Then
>         Exit Function
>     End If
> >!     Armor = GetPlayerEquipment(index, Armor)
>     Helm = GetPlayerEquipment(index, Helmet)
>     GetPlayerProtection = (GetPlayerStat(index, Stats.Endurance) \ 5)
> >!     If Armor > 0 Then
>         GetPlayerProtection = GetPlayerProtection + Item(Armor).Data2
>     End If
> >!     If Helm > 0 Then
>         GetPlayerProtection = GetPlayerProtection + Item(Helm).Data2
>     End If
> >! End Function
>
> i changed these for both situations
> ' take away Armour (pvp)
>         Damage = Damage - GetPlayerProtection(Victim)
>
> ' take away Armour (npc atk player)
>         Damage = Damage - GetPlayerProtection(Index)
>
> did i do this right? and to verify i checked armor in your client/server and it didn't work to begun with

follow ryoku's tutorial on adding real defense here: [http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,73579.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,73579.0.html)

i noticed the attack sound fx dont work for players, only an npc.. i have tried setting the sound in the item editor and animation editor but nothing.. for some reason it plays the sound only when an enemy is dead, or the weapon is equipped…

the only sound you can hear is the one of the animations when you attack…so the most easy thing is create an animation called "attack" or something with a slash anim and then add the anim to the weapons (i dont know if you can create an animation without image)

@Eragon2589:

> the only sound you can hear is the one of the animations when you attack…so the most easy thing is create an animation called "attack" or something with a slash anim and then add the anim to the weapons (i dont know if you can create an animation without image)

yea.. the animation sound fx dont work right.. if i set a sword to have animation "attack" and set that animation to have an attack sound.. when i hit a non-friendly npc no sound is played until the kill hit.. i didnt change anything in the source that would mess it up.. test it for yourself and see…

edit: turns out eclipse nightly had a sound fx bug already.. so im gonna look for a fix on the forum

@Eragon2589:

> if you don't know how to convert the bmp to png…download this and follow the simple instructions:
> [jcsnider's EO 2.0 to EO with DX8 converter](http://jcsnider.freemmorpgmaker.com/jcsniders%20EO%202.0%20to%20EO%20with%20DX8%20converter.zip)

the maps data files wont work…and i don't know if there's something to transform the old maps o the new ones. The graphic files like items icons, animation and tiles needs to be .png format, but you can copy/paste the old item .dat files into this new game...maybe some of the items will not work, and you need to delete that file and create again the item

Ever since upgrading to the new 4th release when i enter a zone after talking to an npc in the previous the attack-able npcs say nothing - like i'm not trying to talk to them, npcs from half a zone away are doing it too… if i dont talk to an npc in the previous zone they act normal, i think they say nothing when they see or want to attack me but i've seen it where theyw ere nowhere near me. (example: "skelaton says:").

(i might be a noob and have had the range set too high or something because after lowing range and setting text for them they only say their piece when they attack, however i never noticed this before this update... odd) - anywho feedback would be cool and i apprciate all your work. you are great. =]