Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Payed] Need coders to help create my engine edit (Nightly build base)

sephiroth976

**About:**

Okay, i guess il start this off by telling you a little about myself, ive been interested in game creation for years, been working on a whole bunch of projects that never saw the light of day, a few of them mmos and a few of them using eclipse.

Usually ive been trying to do it all myself, which never works out, i always get stuck with something that i cant do or a bug that i cant fix which screws over the entire project, therefore ive realized that the only way i will ever be able to create a GOOD mmo (or game at all) is to put some money into this and focus on the actual engine before i consider making a game with it.

Which brings us to this thread, i will be listing all the different systems i need made over time (with information and mock ups of course), and if you want to do one of them, send me a PM (all prices are negotiable of course)

**But please note: all graphics and stuff in the engine atm are temporary, this is purely for the engine**

**Systems needed:**

DONE - BEING WORKED ON - UNDONE

Because ive decided to change to the nightly build rather then CS:DE as a base, i will need someone to help me make a custom GUI similar to CS:DE, with the transparency and stuff like that, it doesnt have to be unique, it can use the graphics from CS:DE as its way easier for me to edit later on, anyone willing to do this PM me, not sure how much this would cost (id be more then willing to pay 20-40$ for this depending on how happy i am with it) or how hard it would be but im sure we can figure something out.

The rest of these systems will be open after the GUI is created, i  feel its essential to have the GUI done first as these systems are sort of based on it.

Rightclick Menu - Done by Captain Wabbit

Friend List (10$)
http://oi49.tinypic.com/347wwat.jpg

Quest System (20$)
http://oi45.tinypic.com/2rnblzb.jpg
http://oi46.tinypic.com/2vaxw6w.jpg
http://oi50.tinypic.com/20ksvh3.jpg

Message System (?$)
(No mock ups yet, not done designing this one, will update when i do)

Guild System (?$)

New character creation screen, possibly more then one char per account (?$)

Event System (?$)
(I believe this already exists, dunno if it would be easy to convert to CS:DE, any info on this would be awesome, also might want to do this one last because of possible additions like adding quests)

Even though it says no mock ups / ?$, feel free to pm me suggestions / prices

More will be added here as i get ideas / make mock ups of systems…

Approved this, although I would suggest stepping away from CS:DE as a base, with it being unstable and buggy.. And the latest Nightly releases supporting DX8 and.. well, a stable graphics engine there's no need to use an outdated broken engine anymore.

@sephiroth976:

> Thats a little disappointing.. i really like the way CS:DE looks and feels, dunno yet if this is a major problem though ive tried it out with a few friends without noticing much

I did a lot of my game with CS:DE, and I've just started to notice the bugs.. It's become an issue; I seriously recommend you leave it alone, and use jcsnider's Nightly release - I'm in the process of redoing my game using it, because it's so much more stable and the event system is very powerful.

I'm speaking from experience; now that there's a good EO version with DX8 support, leave CS:DE well alone.

I see.. well one of the things that pulled me towards CS:DE is the design, the whole.. having everything on the game screen instead of having the boarder thing, how much work would that be to add to the nightly releases?

EDIT: Wow, i took a look at the nightly release and i must say i am very impressed with this, id very much like to have it look more like CS:DE, but i am definitely using this.. gonna have to redo the original post a bit tomorrow

@sephiroth976:

> **About:**
>
> Okay, i guess il start this off by telling you a little about myself, ive been interested in game creation for years, been working on a whole bunch of projects that never saw the light of day, a few of them mmos and a few of them using eclipse.
>
> Usually ive been trying to do it all myself, which never works out, i always get stuck with something that i cant do or a bug that i cant fix which screws over the entire project, therefore ive realized that the only way i will ever be able to create a GOOD mmo (or game at all) is to put some money into this and focus on the actual engine before i consider making a game with it.
>
> Which brings us to this thread, i will be listing all the different systems i need made over time (with information and mock ups of course), and if you want to do one of them, send me a PM (all prices are negotiable of course)
>
> **But please note: all graphics and stuff in the engine atm are temporary, this is purely for the engine**
>
> **Systems needed:**
>
> DONE - BEING WORKED ON - UNDONE
>
> Because ive decided to change to the nightly build rather then CS:DE as a base, i will need someone to help me make a custom GUI similar to CS:DE, with the transparency and stuff like that, it doesnt have to be unique, it can use the graphics from CS:DE as its way easier for me to edit later on, anyone willing to do this PM me, not sure how much this would cost (id be more then willing to pay 20-40$ for this depending on how happy i am with it) or how hard it would be but im sure we can figure something out.
>
> The rest of these systems will be open after the GUI is created, i  feel its essential to have the GUI done first as these systems are sort of based on it.
>
> Rightclick Menu - Done by Captain Wabbit
>
> Friend List (10$)
> http://oi49.tinypic.com/347wwat.jpg
>
> Quest System (20$)
> http://oi45.tinypic.com/2rnblzb.jpg
> http://oi46.tinypic.com/2vaxw6w.jpg
> http://oi50.tinypic.com/20ksvh3.jpg
>
> Message System (?$)
> (No mock ups yet, not done designing this one, will update when i do)
>
> Guild System (?$)
>
> New character creation screen, possibly more then one char per account (?$)
>
> Event System (?$)
> (I believe this already exists, dunno if it would be easy to convert to CS:DE, any info on this would be awesome, also might want to do this one last because of possible additions like adding quests)
>
> Even though it says no mock ups / ?$, feel free to pm me suggestions / prices
>
> More will be added here as i get ideas / make mock ups of systems…

I'll do friend list for you If you'd like.

@sephiroth976:

> I see.. well one of the things that pulled me towards CS:DE is the design, the whole.. having everything on the game screen instead of having the boarder thing, how much work would that be to add to the nightly releases?
>
> EDIT: Wow, i took a look at the nightly release and i must say i am very impressed with this, id very much like to have it look more like CS:DE, but i am definitely using this.. gonna have to redo the original post a bit tomorrow

Yeah, that's what drew me to CS:DE as well. The GUI is so much nicer than the eclipse default one.
I'm waiting until the updated Nightly is released, then I'm going to start trying to create a better GUI.
Also, from what I've heard, recreating the CS:DE GUI on Nightly is a hell of a lot of work. CS:DE renders everything different.
I'm going to try to create a GUI that has that same minimalist approach, but it won't be anywhere as nice as CS:DE.

Yeah i get what everyone is saying, ive sort of realized how much work it would be to make this look something like CS:DE, so im unsure how to continue with this atm.. but i feel like the game window itself is way too small to enjoy the way it is now (in my opinion) so something needs to be done with it, suggestions are welcome though

@sephiroth976:

> Yeah i get what everyone is saying, ive sort of realized how much work it would be to make this look something like CS:DE, so im unsure how to continue with this atm.. but i feel like the game window itself is way too small to enjoy the way it is now (in my opinion) so something needs to be done with it, suggestions are welcome though

hey bro im now fixing CS:DE but im not finished but if i suceed i will post that version in Custom versions, for everyone who want help me look here http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,81796.0.html