Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VB6 error

Gimulex

So I was trying to increase the map cap, so i did everything in the following guide
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,76988.msg825275.html#msg825275
when i did make server.exe it told me
Compile error:
User-defined type not defined.
And it highlighted 'DX7 As New DirectX7'
Anyone know what happened there and how can I fix it?

~~Are you using the new nightly release of EO? if so that uses a different drawing method which is directx8 so you will need to make some adjustments in order to use that specific guide.~~

Sorry I just read the actual guide, did you update the variable within the client too?

@Gimulex:

> There's a new version of EO? I think it's the old one, but I'm not sure.

Yes the nightly release has a host of new features, including directx8 .png support. Did you change the variable you changed in the server in the client too?

@General:

> In the IDE go to Project -> References -> And scroll down in the list box till you find DirectX 7 for Visual Basic Type Library

Where is the IDE? I found a folder called IDE but it only had inside 'IDE98' and inside it had this. I'll put in 2 pics. The first one is what is in the IDE 98 folder and the second one is what is in the vb6 folder

@Gimulex:

> Where is the IDE? I found a folder called IDE but it only had inside 'IDE98' and inside it had this. I'll put in 2 pics. The first one is what is in the IDE 98 folder and the second one is what is in the vb6 folder

IDE = Integrated Development Environment = (in this case) Visual Basic 6 Application.

@Soul:

> IDE = Integrated Development Environment = (in this case) Visual Basic 6 Application.

Ok, found it, check marked it. Do I try make server.exe again?
Edit: Tried make server.exe again and got the same error but this line was highlighted
Function GetPlayerVital(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal Vital As Vitals) As Long

@Soul:

> Make sure you open the server by clicking "server.vbp" in the eo\server folder.
>
> But it looks like (from your photo above) that you've seriously messed up the project. You should probably redownload Eclipse's source.

So I download Origins and copy paste the server.vbp and client.vbp to overwrite the other ones?

#Facepalm

I didn't tell you to reference it in the server, reference it in the project file you are getting the error in. In this case its the client, as the server does not use DirectX7.

```
Function GetPlayerVital(ByVal Index As Long, ByVal Vital As Vitals) As Long
```
Does the IDE specifically highlight this function, or code within the function?