Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GOOD sadscript to coding guides/tutorials

DrNova

I was skilled in sadscript, and would like to make the transition to coding. However, I dot understand the differences. Main area's of difficulty

* Sockets/server side crap/anything where you need two entries to register something to server
* graphical related commands/coding/ectfuc
* differences between coding and sadscript (and scripting and coding are two different beasts, so fuck off before you say I should have no problem transitioning
* differences in writing forma between coding and scripting
I'd like to make the jump to coding, if anyone know links/references/guides in the difference. If so, thanks a ton, if not, thanks a little.

You're not going to find any links/guides/references to sadscript anywhere except PW/Elysium/Eclipse pretty much, it is the same syntax and you should have no problem editing most of the code

When it comes to winsock and graphics, that's all new. I think there are tuturoals on how to blt things and how to send packets, you should try to find those. Besides that, if you know sadscripting you should be able to read code no problem, so just go over the code and tuts.

@Mr.Sean:

> RMXP, vx etc… use ruby (RGSS) for scripting.

I dont knowed that, becouse when i installed that online system, i downloaded some ruby runtimes or something becouse that system dont works without it so i thinked that RPG makers dont use ruby ( srry for my english :P )

@Deathbeam:

> I dont knowed that, becouse when i installed that online system, i downloaded some ruby runtimes or something becouse that system dont works without it so i thinked that RPG makers dont use ruby ( srry for my english :P )

You realise that makes absolutely no sense at all?
The game _doesn't work without_ some Ruby runtimes, yet you don't think they use Ruby? Right..

@Synergy:

> You realise that makes absolutely no sense at all?
> The game _doesn't work without_ some Ruby runtimes, yet you don't think they use Ruby? Right..

Omg no you dont understanded. Normal RPG Maker worked without ruby runtimes, but that custom version of RPG Maker dont worked without that runtimes

@Synergy:

> You realise that makes absolutely no sense at all?
> The game _doesn't work without_ some Ruby runtimes, yet you don't think they use Ruby? Right..

He installed a script that required additional runtimes.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. :mad: