Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Programmer help

Kazako

Hey guys, I need some help with two systems in my game that aren't quite working as they should.

First up is my guild system, after a guild is created and a player logs in, the server crashes.

Secondly, I need help with my hunger/thirst system- where would I put the code to make a player die when vitals.Hunger =< 0 ?

Let me know if you need screenshots and of what, etc.

I can't replicate the server crashing right now- I will make a note of it next time it happens/if it happens.

Now I just have two problems with the grey area on my client and the hunger/thirst not killing the player at 0.

```
Private Sub HandlePlayerHp(ByVal Index As Long, ByRef Data() As Byte, ByVal StartAddr As Long, ByVal ExtraVar As Long)
Dim Buffer As clsBuffer

' If debug mode, handle error then exit out
If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler

Set Buffer = New clsBuffer
Buffer.WriteBytes Data()
Player(MyIndex).MaxVital(Vitals.HP) = Buffer.ReadLong
Call SetPlayerVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP, Buffer.ReadLong)

If GetPlayerMaxVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) > 0 Then
'frmMain.lblHP.Caption = Int(GetPlayerVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) / GetPlayerMaxVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) * 100) & "%"
frmMain.lblHP.Caption = GetPlayerVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) & "/" & GetPlayerMaxVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP)
' hp bar
frmMain.imgHPBar.width = ((GetPlayerVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) / HPBar_Width) / (GetPlayerMaxVital(MyIndex, Vitals.HP) / HPBar_Width)) * HPBar_Width
End If

' Error handler
Exit Sub
errorhandler:
HandleError "HandlePlayerHP", "modHandleData", Err.Number, Err.Description, Err.Source, Err.HelpContext
Err.Clear
Exit Sub
End Sub
```
Can someone highlight the code that kills the player when HP reaches 0?