Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can I improve this?

Irhymer

I was messing around, and this ended up being made. I want to keep messing with the style, but I feel like I need a push in the right direction. Any tips?

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/6d00f07ad379b8aad70d1e39eb752caa.png)

2x
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/45c4097e1b04e62b3a67879361001ca0.png)

- Jake

Yeah, as the person above me mentioned, the shading is something that you should work on. Start by adding more shades. Another recommendation would be an outline(To fit the style your going for). Just saying. But, putting everything else aside, it looks very good.

What is that to the left of his head? That is how he looks on a mini-map or something related?

About the grass… Well, it looks right with the small background and size it has been given, but I'm not sure if it will still look great on a big screen. Personal opinion.

Anyways, it look pretty decent, you just need to give 'em some final touches.

Thanks guys, I'll see what I can do about the shading!

@NamelessSoul:

> Another recommendation would be an outline(To fit the style your going for)
> What is that to the left of his head? That is how he looks on a mini-map or something related?
>
> About the grass… Well, it looks right with the small background and size it has been given, but I'm not sure if it will still look great on a big screen. Personal opinion.

The outline was what I originally did, but I edited it without one for a different style, but we'll see what happens!

The thing in the corner is actually a spirit partner kind of idea. Like a fairy that would follow you around, just random ideas while I try to think outside of the box haha

The grass would have a lot more variations, like flowers, and trees of course. It's inspired by a game called Dino Run haha

Thanks overall, I'll keep working (even though I've been working on something else all day XD)

- Jake  ;)

Well no, the neck was left out on purpose. I wanted a floating head effect, and it would bob when animated.

Maybe I should have made more of a mock-up to show the style I was going for, because an "outside of the norm" sprite alone will of course come off weird to everyone..