Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone want to help program

killzoz

Hello Eclipse community! Although I just joined the forums recently, I have a burning desire to develop and program a game. I'm currently looking for fellow team members to assist in such a great endeavor. I'm really looking for a dedicated team to match my personal desire to be a great team leader and develop something great.

I will pay for the domain and website hosting, I will handle the finances, and will pick up support for what we need. Most likely the game will be free to play, so that everyone can enjoy the game. Please send me a message on the Eclipse forums, or feel free to message me at
[email protected] with any questions, or concerns you might have.

I look for these qualities in a person who would like to join the team;

1\. Highly motivated.

2\. Be able to speak and understand the English language, as we will be working in the english version of Eclipse.

3\. Be mature and 18 years of age.

4\. Know how to have fun and enjoy your work.

If there ever was a post on how not to recruit a team, this would be it.
With all the spelling errors, grammar errors, the fact you don't want take the time, or effort to properly write a recruitment post, no one will take this seriously.

Suggestions
1\. Proper punctuation, spell checking what you wrote, and proper grammar makes a world of difference.

2\. Take the time and effort to make a legible and reasonably easy post gives others an idea of what kind  of person you are. It instills confidence that you know what you're doing.

Here is an example that might help you in the future.

>! Hello Eclipse community! Although I just joined the forums recently, I have a burning desire to develop and program a game. I'm currently looking for fellow team members to assist in such a great endeavor. I'm really looking for a dedicated team to match my personal desire to be a great team leader and develop something great.
>! I will pay for the domain and website hosting, I will handle the finances, and will pick up support for what we need. Most likely the game will be free to play, so that everyone can enjoy the game. Please send me a message on the Eclipse forums, or feel free to message me at
[email protected] with any questions, or concerns you might have.
>! I look for these qualities in a person who would like to join the team;
>! 1\. Highly motivated.
>! 2\. Be able to speak and understand the English language, as we will be working in the english version of Eclipse.
>! 3\. Be mature and 18 years of age.
>! 4\. Know how to have fun and enjoy your work.

@Agoraphobic:

> If there ever was a post on how not to recruit a team, this would be it.
> With all the spelling errors, grammar errors, the fact you don't want take the time, or effort to properly write a recruitment post, no one will take this seriously.
>
> Suggestions
> 1\. Proper punctuation, spell checking what you wrote, and proper grammar makes a world of difference.
>
> 2\. Take the time and effort to make a legible and reasonably easy post gives others an idea of what kind  of person you are. It instills confidence that you know what you're doing.
>
> Here is an example that might help you in the future.
>
>
> >! Hello Eclipse community! Although I just joined the forums recently, I have a burning desire to develop and program a game. I'm currently looking for fellow team members to assist in such a great endeavor. I'm really looking for a dedicated team to match my personal desire to be a great team leader and develop something great.
> >! I will pay for the domain and website hosting, I will handle the finances, and will pick up support for what we need. Most likely the game will be free to play, so that everyone can enjoy the game. Please send me a message on the Eclipse forums, or feel free to message me at
> [email protected] with any questions, or concerns you might have.
> >! I look for these qualities in a person who would like to join the team;
> >! 1\. Highly motivated.
> >! 2\. Be able to speak and understand the English language, as we will be working in the english version of Eclipse.
> >! 3\. Be mature and 18 years of age.
> >! 4\. Know how to have fun and enjoy your work.

Your version of his attempt really made me consider. :P

Thanks for helping him out.

@Agoraphobic:

> If there ever was a post on how not to recruit a team, this would be it.
> With all the spelling errors, grammar errors, the fact you don't want take the time, or effort to properly write a recruitment post, no one will take this seriously.
>
> Suggestions
> 1\. Proper punctuation, spell checking what you wrote, and proper grammar makes a world of difference.
>
> 2\. Take the time and effort to make a legible and reasonably easy post gives others an idea of what kind  of person you are. It instills confidence that you know what you're doing.
>
> Here is an example that might help you in the future.
>
>
> >! Hello Eclipse community! Although I just joined the forums recently, I have a burning desire to develop and program a game. I'm currently looking for fellow team members to assist in such a great endeavor. I'm really looking for a dedicated team to match my personal desire to be a great team leader and develop something great.
> >! I will pay for the domain and website hosting, I will handle the finances, and will pick up support for what we need. Most likely the game will be free to play, so that everyone can enjoy the game. Please send me a message on the Eclipse forums, or feel free to message me at
> [email protected] with any questions, or concerns you might have.
> >! I look for these qualities in a person who would like to join the team;
> >! 1\. Highly motivated.
> >! 2\. Be able to speak and understand the English language, as we will be working in the english version of Eclipse.
> >! 3\. Be mature and 18 years of age.
> >! 4\. Know how to have fun and enjoy your work.

Thank you for helping me.

I would have to agree with Agoraphobic on the grammatical point of view but, I must admit he did try and where as other people here expect you to automatically help them and do it without fuss or some sort of equal partnership where as you scratch my back I'll scratch your's perspective.

@killzoz:

> 3\. Be mature and 18 years of age.

So if I were to apply you would deny me. Hopefully you understand that a good 95% of the forum is between the ages of 10-16 correct? After that, most people tend move on to bigger and better things or have their own projects they are working on.

By asking for someone over the age of 18.. you are pretty my guaranteeing that you will not find anyone to help.

BTW, this should be in talent center, but then again, it does not have any actual game info and wouldn't be accepted there…. any other admin wanna help?