Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[SKY] Item Editor Not Saving? [RESOLVED]

Kilath

I've been working for a few days on my project, and have come across a very frustrating issue. It seems that the Item Editor won't actually save any changes aside from a small number of items entered at the very beginning of my work. Whole entries just gone. I realized this when I went to go test out equipment and nothing would equip.

Changes seem to register on the client as long as I'm logged in, however as soon as I log out and back in again everything reverts to how it was– erasing a lot of work. In addition, even when the tooltip, icon and information is showing correctly I still cannot, for example, equip a weapon. One weapon (tool) I created far earlier equips just fine but any new items end up blank again after a client restart.

My progress is pretty much halted as I have no idea what the issue is. I'm not terribly skilled at all and I'm really hoping this won't be a brick wall.

@'Exception':

> Just to check: does it fail after (or around) item index #50?

It appears to be everything. I've tested multiple #s from ~10-200\. It feels like it is "frozen" at an earlier point and reverts back to it, I believe, exactly.

@'sherwin':

> @'Kilath':
>
> > Installed a clean engine and moved resources over bit by bit until everything was loaded
>
> This is not necessary,  you should just have delete the item data on server side..

That was the first thing I tried. Something else in there was causing the rte, I have to assume. I actually think it was one of my eventdata files that got corrupted as that map is giving me way more issues than it should for what I've put there. I'm about as far away from being a programmer as possible, so trial and error for this stuff is usually my best bet aside from begging for help (which I dislike doing).