Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Make Admin via Admin Panel

Eevee204

I would assume that this wasn't added for a VERY good reason.
You should think about that reason, mainly exploits and security.

But, if you **really must** add it, it's a simple matter of making a new packet from the client to the server, where the server handles the change of access. It would also be very wise to add an "If Player(Index).Access <= Certain admin level here, Exit out of here" in both the client and the server, just for extra precaution.

Just to try and persuade you to not use this, think about if you REALLY need this, and if this is just a matter of overcoming laziness.

Well, I did spend some time thinking about it, since I'm releasing the game without any money for a VPS, I friend is hosting it until we do hopefully make some money, and since we don't all have access to he's desktop, we're not able to make anyone an up rank until we get a VPS, so maybe once we get a VPS we'll remove it, but until then we all need access.

Well I've set up more than 1 player right, I've got a donator rank which players can purchase and only set this to work on the server at the minute, why I want to put it onto the client.

How does it bring up security issues?

Oh, a donator rank. That's completely different, the worst that can happen is somebody can set themselves to it.

As for admin, if you failed to put the right checks in place on the server, anybody who knew what they were doing could easily set themselves to admins, and obliterate any of your content, which is why it's generally not a good idea to leave something even remotely open when it comes to the likes of access levels.