Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Annoying problem

Dawntide

Hey,

I have a problem with the mainframe in vb6.

Why cant i place objects over the default objects in the mainframe in vb6? When i place a object on for example "picYourTrade", my object cuts off at the border of picYourTrade and i can not see it anymore and the height and width values are bugged extremly, 295 width is extremly small!

This is how it looks like when i place something on it:

[![](http://s7.directupload.net/images/120731/temp/odhr5aei.png)](http://s7.directupload.net/file/d/2968/odhr5aei_png.htm)

please help me fix this, i can not customize my objects if i can not see them because they get cut off

thanks!

It is because picYourTrade is a pic and when you place a pic or label or anything over a pic vb thinks it is placed inside the other pic. Same applies to frames.
What I do is just pic the new pic box which is to be created a bit bigger than the other one so that it isn't cut of.
Then resizing it won't affect anything. I think the send to back feature works 2.

thanks! the engine is really nice, but in some points it should be improved. Wouldnt it be kind of easy to transfer the engine to VB.NET? It would open up 10000 of new possibilities.

Anyway, why cant i choose my 32x32 .ico desctop icon as icon in vb6? it says invalid picture? I MUST get it to work, because RessourceHacker and Co. do not affect sub Forms, at least i think so.

And how to edit the start menu? I can only find character creation and main form

@Dawntide:

> thanks! the engine is really nice, but in some points it should be improved. Wouldnt it be kind of easy to transfer the engine to VB.NET? It would open up 10000 of new possibilities.

No it would not be.

> Anyway, why cant i choose my 32x32 .ico desctop icon as icon in vb6? it says invalid picture? I MUST get it to work, because RessourceHacker and Co. do not affect sub Forms, at least i think so.

Make sure it's 24-bit, not 32.

> And how to edit the start menu? I can only find character creation and main form

They are hidden under other things, just drag them around.