Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Professional writer, concept designer, poet - seeking to colaborate.

Fatist

Hey,

I'm seeking to collaborate and in doing so get to know more about the eclipse engine. I have a BA Arts - Creative writing, and have had several poems and short stories published these past few years. My favorite themes are sci-fi and naturalism. While I am inexperienced in this particular field there are many Ideas circling through my mind right now which could either contribute to or compose the main theme of a great game. I can write dialogues, monologues, plot, theme, create characters, universes - etc. The main point is I'd like to be involved in a project while I learn some game design skills. So if you're interested in working with someone within one of these capacities I'd be eager to hear from you.

Below is a link to my wordpress page which has some of my poems posted. If you contact me I can share some more works with you via google docs.

https://ajaywatson.wordpress.com/

Hi, A.J., and welcome!

I took a look at your website, and like a lot of the themes you have presented. You have a gift for storytelling and interesting concepts. That said, I'd ask an editor type to look over your portfolio, as there were a few grammatical errors (mostly the use of apostrophes/possessive versus plural, etc) but do keep writing - these are minor details.

As it pertains to Eclipse, you might try diving in and making a game yourself, as the learning curve for the engine isn't too steep. This will also give you complete freedom to create while learning the ways by which a game storyline properly immerses a player. This is how most of us who are of a creative capacity got started. Just dive in and good luck!

Welcome!

I also agree with CRaptor, Take a peak at my guide on starting up (http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/thread-85376-newpost.html) and put your talents to use for yourself rather than someone else. You don't need to worry about anyone else ditching the project and all your work goes in the bin. The learning curve is very minimal if you do not want to code anything. Your writing skills could make some a really detailed quest line! Keep us updated on what ever you choose to do :.

BeNjO

Welcome! I'll echo a lot of what was said.

I'm a writer/producer/planner more than anything else (autonomousdesire.wordpress.com), though I do some enough experience with programming to follow tutorials and debug when needed (not enough to mention on a resume, really). I found out-of-the-box Eclipse to not require too much external knowledge and if you stick with (at least to begin) the defaults on the code side you can actually accomplish a lot. Using events and triggers to create a story/lore/world isn't that tough, and doing so can be a ton of fun. So I'll echo the idea that you can just start a project without needing specific programmers or artists or the like.

That all said, depending on your level of knowledge and experience I'd mention that if you have issues with Eclipse a great program to cut your teeth on and to prep your knowledge of the Eclipse event system (and other systems like mapping) is RPGMaker. The event system in Eclipse uses the same basic scripting, switches and variables as RPGMaker and I can say as a non-programmer that working for fun in RPGMaker allowed me to learn the systems to really do some cool stuff In Eclipse without needing to touch the source code. Just a thought, and you should absolutely dive into Eclipse and see what you can create! If you do end up running with an idea seriously, you can show the community and maybe attract someone who likes your concept to help with areas outside of your strength a few months from now.