Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Server kicks me off

Dawntide

Hey,

I decided to test if the server is working with my external ip, so i put my external IP in the client config.ini. Then i logged into my router and portforwarded TCP Port 7001\. Then i tested the Server Status Checker of eclipse (under extra), it is working and it does recognized when my server is online and offline.

Now my problem:

When i connect, i can not get beyond the character creation because my server kicks me off if i just wait in the character creation:

Connection from MY EXTERNAL IP has been terminated.

If i hurry up and just create a character with a random sprite and name i get stuck in the loading screen with the following title:

"Connected, sending character addition"

This lasts forever, i even have to kill the process, because it does not go away when i close my server.

please help me to fix this

thanks in advance

1\. Check your firewalls are allowing the server.
(one way to test your firewalls are the problem just turn it off 100% for a few just to check if your firewall is the one preventing this) if that's the problem turn them back one and allow the server on your firewall properly.

2\. Its not necessarily for you to have localhost to play ur own game you can always use your external IP.
(also its a way for u to test if people can get on game) or just use the Port tester here in eclipse.

What kind of pc you using? Windows 7 Windows Vista? XP? ect…