Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Warp lag

Dawntide

Hey,

I am wondering if the warp is a bit laggy for everyone not just for me?

When i warp to another map or just a few tiles through source code edit, it seems to stuck for 0,5 secs.

Could it be caused by a not optimal written code or is it just impossible to make a smooth warp without delay?

thanks!

@Dawntide:

> Hey,
>
> I am wondering if the warp is a bit laggy for everyone not just for me?
>
> When i warp to another map or just a few tiles through source code edit, it seems to stuck for 0,5 secs.
>
> Could it be caused by a not optimal written code or is it just impossible to make a smooth warp without delay?
>
> thanks!

Add loading screen likei added to Eclipse Advanced:http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,82336.0.html

![](http://i.picasion.com/pic56/2061567a295f72b36e4d9c0e733ab835.gif)

Disable the event system and it'll be smooth as butter.. Well, locally anyway. Map files are quite large, especially the first time you load them it can take a little while if your computer and/or internet speed is rather low.

You'll need to tear it out I'm afraid.. OR go into SendMapData(I think this is the one?) and remove everything to do with events, this will simply not send the information for them anymore. Do the same for Switches and Variables and it should be fine. :]

Note that Mirage was never truly designed to work fluid, and you'll always find silly hickups here and there. It's an open source free engine, not a commercial engine you pay for.. It can do a lot, but there are simply limitations implied by its core design.

It's in several locations. ;] And there's a whole lot of other things that may influence the speed as well(System specs, connection speed among others.. And the size of the map, amount of crappy mods added etc.).

I don't see the issue with a minor delay though.. Oh well.