Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi guys, I'm new here and i need your help please.

DarkGhost

Hi, i have downloaded Eclipse-Evolution 2.7, and i think its old?
But i've made some maps and characters and items and spell and i guess there is a new update,
so i was wondering how can i download the new update..and all the maps and characters and items and spells i've made will be deleted or removed when i download the new update, so please answer my questions as soon as possible, and if anyone can make a video tutorial about downloading the game and installing it and everything, that will be great, so thanks for reading and please help me.

The tutorial board has a basic tutorial on setting it up.. Check the official downloads section for the latest official versions, and the Custom Engines one to find a more updated one that's still under development before calling it official(Eclipse Nightly Release).

And yes, EE2.7 is old. And completely unsupported.

just stick to the one that comes with the site, i spent a few days trying others and they all are buggy n shit.

there is one out there that can support guilds and pets but i have yet been able to find it and try it out… it looks very similar to 2.3 but with the extra features.

@Joyce ... do you know witch one im talking about? if so do you know were i can find a link for it... xoxox

@DarkGhost:

> I downloaded Main Download and Runtime files installer, and i did install them, but i'm not sure if i did it right or something, so thats why i was looking for a tutorial, but thanks. :)

FYI when u run the run time installer make it the destination of you eclipse file. then back it up. as far as i know you wont have to install again on other pc if that eclipse file gets taken to another pc

@zarocmaster:

> there is one out there that can support guilds and pets but i have yet been able to find it and try it out… it looks very similar to 2.3 but with the extra features.

Broken, buggy and abandoned by it's creator. We locked the topic. The custom engine forums have a lot of locked stuff, generally the locked stuff is unsupported or plain broken beyond repair.

Also, please don't double post.

@DarkGhost:

> So should i delete the eclipse evolution 2.7 and download maindownload and mirror 1 and 2 or something and runtime files ???

Get rid of EE because it's no longer supported and it's old.

Download the newest version of Eclipse here:

http://www.robin.freemmorpgmaker.com/eo_2_0_0.zip

@Ecto:

> Get rid of EE because it's no longer supported and it's old.
>
> Download the newest version of Eclipse here:
>
> http://www.robin.freemmorpgmaker.com/eo_2_0_0.zip

im using the main one from the site now cuz i thought it was newer than robins 2.0.0… obviously i was rong XD

so what is the difference between the 2 if you dont mind me asking

@zarocmaster:

> im using the main one from the site now cuz i thought it was newer than robins 2.0.0… obviously i was rong XD
>
> so what is the difference between the 2 if you dont mind me asking

Origins is way quicker and more stable, better memory management and socketing and other things that are key to an engine.

Except 2.0 is NOT the newest, the latest official one is EO2.3, and EO3.0 that's under development(With 3.1 around the corner).

While 2.0 is a little more "stable" than 2.3/3.x it also lacks a lot of features and bugfixes, making it a lot more work to get things done, and a lot of hardcoding. All versions are pretty good, the only problem with the event system is that if you're not using it much, it still eats a LOT of performance on the server-side of it all.(Note that 3.0 has no memory management, I do not know why this was changed and never got an answer on it, but I'm assuming it has to do with D3D8 being a whiny little bugger)

@Ecto:

> Get rid of EE because it's no longer supported and it's old.
>
> Download the newest version of Eclipse here:
>
> http://www.robin.freemmorpgmaker.com/eo_2_0_0.zip

I downloaded it, but i was wondering about this one should i download the Main Download(Eclipse - Event System 2.3) or just that ?

> I downloaded it, but i was wondering about this one should i download the Main Download(Eclipse - Event System 2.3) or just that ?

It doesn't matter, the Event system is pretty buggy and isn't really optimized though.

I think you've asked the same question at least three times.. Download a more recent version of EO (2.0, 2.3, or 3.0). It doesn't _really_ matter which. A little bit of searching will show you all the differences and you can then make your own choice.

As long as you're using a support engine (EO #.#) then you'll be fine. ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> Ok my last question, i'm using Eclipse - Event System 2.3 should i keep using it, is it supported, and where is the 3.0 ?

Again, it's up to you what you want to use and not use, and yes it is supported, but it's just buggy and not optimized the best.

> It's supported and more stable than 3.0 for now. It just uses DD7 instead of D3D8 :]
>
> EO3.0 can be found in the Custom Versions board.

This as well. EO3 has some pretty big bugs that makes it basically unusable.