Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[Resolved] GUI buttons closing like in Eclipse Advanced on EO 2.3

Tai Kamiya

You could just make little close buttons on the top of every menu. Then add some code where, on-click, the menu closes. If you need help doing this just post and I'll help. You could also edit the on-click code for the existing menu. Say you opened INV, then that would make a variable (0) = (1).

Then, in the on-click sub, just add an extra 'if' saying if your variable = (1) then close that menu.

Hope this helped.

> You could just make little close buttons on the top of every menu. Then add some code where, on-click, the menu closes. If you need help doing this just post and I'll help.

Hey bro! Thanks for the reply. And sorry for any english mistake, 'cause I'm brazilian.

Well, you mean something like an "X" button in the top of the menu that closes it? Sounds cool! If you can help me doin' the code, I'll be grateful! ^-^

Ah! As I said, I'm using EO 2.3! Thanks~

Okay, this should work for 2.3

So in frm_Main client side, find your pic_Inventory. (Note: If you move anything (which you will have to) I suggest writing down the x,y position in a txt document for reference on where to place it after your done editing.)

After this, make a label inside the Form and have something like an 'X' with an underline or something. after you make it and place it where you want, doubleclick it and put in something like this

Private Sub Label6_DblClick(Index As Integer)

picInventory.Visible = False

picCharacter.Visible = False

picSpells.Visible = False

picOptions.Visible = False

picParty.Visible = False

BltInventory

' play sound

PlaySound Sound_Buttonclick

End Sub

If you need more detail let me know.

> Okay, this should work for 2.3
>
> So in frm_Main client side, find your pic_Inventory. (Note: If you move anything (which you will have to) I suggest writing down the x,y position in a txt document for reference on where to place it after your done editing.)
>
> After this, make a label inside the Form and have something like an 'X' with an underline or something. after you make it and place it where you want, doubleclick it and put in something like this
>
> Private Sub Label6_DblClick(Index As Integer)
>
> picInventory.Visible = False
>
> picCharacter.Visible = False
>
> picSpells.Visible = False
>
> picOptions.Visible = False
>
> picParty.Visible = False
>
> BltInventory
>
> ' play sound
>
> PlaySound Sound_Buttonclick
>
> End Sub
>
> If you need more detail let me know.

Hey, I'll test it here and reply with the results!

> I really recommend to switch to eo3.0 or eclipse advanced. Cause they both have what eclipse2.3 has but with weather and other cool stuff. The only thing is that you can't use huge tilisets.

Sure thing! DirectX8 in Eclipse seems to change it to another level, btw, my computer is too old that have issues with DX8\. lol

> Well I have a crappy net book and it works fine with dx8 I am sure yours should work better then mine sense I only have 1g of ram

Maaaaaaaybe not. I'm running with a Sempron 3000+, 512MB DDR333 RAM, 16MB SiS Mirage Graphics (I think that it's from the 90's lol) and storing everything in an amazing 40GB IDE. G__G

> Sure thing dude

Duuuuuuuuude, worked fine! I'll just have to add this to every "picMenu" and it'll be fine (a close-everything button sounds cools too). My thanks for the fast reply and everything! n_n

> I really recommend to switch to eo3.0 or eclipse advanced. Cause they both have what eclipse2.3 has but with weather and other cool stuff. The only thing is that you can't use huge tilisets.

He is new why would u suggest those? 3.0 needs some work and eclipse advanced is well probably too advanced for him to edit things .like gui and stuff… Also both don't work on all computer systems :/

If u want another easy way to make the GUI buttons open and close, along with jaxxs way. just add

```
Else

picInventory.visible = false

```above each End If at the bottom of the cases where the buttons are

And make sure right under the start of each case they have an "if not picinventory.visiable then"

Change picinventory to picoptions, picCharacter, ect. of course as needed..