Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fluidity

clark

hey guys ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) !

**Engine :** Eclipse Advanced

**DX :** 8

**Windows**: 7 , 64 bits

**Ram gb** : 8gb

**Processor** : intel core i5

**Updates**: All installed (graphic card etc..)

**Problem :**

I found that when the player moves sometimes he walk in certain maps and sometimes it start running and the fps sometimes are low so i ask you how to increase fluidity ? is there changes to make? or i don't know anything to do for that?

I don't really know how to explain it , it's kind of fluid but the image shakes a bit while moving the camera is shakky i don't know if you see what i mean , the important is that the game is playable but i'm scared that affect the whole game after

1) Drop D3D8, it's abysmal for performance in VB6 as it is a complete HACK to even get it to run.

2) Drop anything Deathbeam writes, ever. While he makes things shiny his procedures are plain awful and most of it results in piss poor performance.

3) Use as little resources as possible, if you don't need a sprite don't include it.

4) Don't randomly add loops and endless amounts of checks in your source.

I could go on, but yeah. :/ Seriously though, If you want performance you'll need to steer away from EA and write it yourself, in a clean and efficient manner. Preferably in another language with a proper graphics library.