Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SQL and Browser Game?

asdafaga

> Thanks but im kinda getting confused. I do know some MySQL cause I made a Wow server. The part that i dont understand is "How will I connect my game through ADODB"

Which is exactly why I said you need to start learning! There's only a few people that can do this here, and you really can not pull this off without knowing how to work with VB6 and the ADODB library. Google is your friend in this case I'm afraid.

It uses the same method Game Maker uses, Puzzle Pirates, that Mech robot 3d game w/e its called.

It's not hacky at all because it requires the user to authorize the java applet. An active X would of worked too and again thats not hacky.

Many games use active x to install and launch.

If you want players to only launch the game online, my method works well. I personally like to offer a desktop version too and I recommend that for your project for ppl who hate to use facebook apps for example.

I still call it hacky personally, and not a proper solution for a game that's quite hefty on the amount of space it uses. It's not a native web applet after all, but just an executable running in the background being embedded after fully downloading the client. Might as well keep it a regular download as there is zero difference between the two in size and usability aside from one being stuck in your browser and the other runs seperate.

But I guess it works and some people accept that as being a "browser game".

To the client? You shouldn't do that. THe server handles all data storage and communication.

And how to do it is quite an extensive read, just look up how to use MySQL in Visual Basic 6.. There's tons of websites that describe it and have examples on it.