Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Advanced Quests

tairapeters

The event system in eclipse origins, I found it to be the most amazing thing. I then used eclipse advanced and the event system in it doesnt really have as much… mobility? Well features as the old one. I was wondering how to get the Eclipse origins event system on Eclipse Advanced without destroying any features (apart from the event one ofcoarse). The thing is that I have a main quest but came to a point where I couldnt make conditional branches go both ways. I wouldnt mind using a quest system either, but both an eclipse advanced with the origins event system and quests system would be awesome, any ideas?

I believe that in the newest versions of eclipse advanced Deathbeam decided he would remove the event system then replace it with a similar, less feature packed (but supposedly more stable) version he has created based off some source from crystalshire D:E or something along those lines. So in short either use an old version of EA or use standard eclipse 3.0 if you need the event system.

If you want to port the old event system over, you'll pretty much need to do so yourself by ripping it I'm afraid, and there's a good reason Death replaced it with what this one is, Snider's system is abysmal on resources and uses a ton to handle movements and whatnot every x amount of time, whereas Death's does not have this and runs faster because of it.

So decide if you really need the features, if you do rip them out.. If you don't, and prefer speed keep it the way it is now.

Other than running parallel events I was capable of doing anything I ever did with JC's system on Deathbeams system. I wish that his conditional branch 'positive and negative' answer portion was more user friendly, but hey its an extraordinary version of eclipse and I cant see myself using any other anytime soon. After I figure out how to add a value to "HasItem" ill post a clean version of my EA. It has some beneficial mods 'multiple item drop', 'alatars quest 1.2', '2h weapons', and 'projectile weapons' to name a few. I think new users will find that more helpful.

> Other than running parallel events I was capable of doing anything I ever did with JC's system on Deathbeams system. I wish that his conditional branch 'positive and negative' answer portion was more user friendly, but hey its an extraordinary version of eclipse and I cant see myself using any other anytime soon. After I figure out how to add a value to "HasItem" ill post a clean version of my EA. It has some beneficial mods 'multiple item drop', 'alatars quest 1.2', '2h weapons', and 'projectile weapons' to name a few. I think new users will find that more helpful.

It doesnt have alatars quest system