Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO Event system - Normal] Male / Female Paperdolls?

Cristian624

IS URGENT PLEASE!

Hello, I am looking for this system to EO 2.3 Event system (normal), that when you're male Load a paperdoll of a folder, something like

Paperdoll 4… for men

/graphics/paperdolls/male/4.bmp

Paperdoll 4... female

/graphics/paperdolls/female/4.bmp

what I want is that if you are male or female different load paperdolls, only that, please help

I NEED THIS SYSTEM TO EVENT SYSTEM EO 2.3 (NORMAL VERSION), if you help me come out in the credits of my game.

Finished it. But I haven't done the paperdoll wearing part so don't try 2 wear them cause it will crash. I will finish it soon.

find

```

Paperdoll As Long

```
modTypes in server+client

and underneath add

```

PaperDollMale As Boolean

```
in frmItemEditor make something like this,

![](http://i.imgur.com/P0NXq.png)

Caption = Female?

Name = chkDollSex

Go to the forms code view (Project explorer -> form right click code)

and add this

Private Sub chkDollSex_Click()

If chkDollSex.Value = 0 Then

Item(EditorIndex).PaperDollMale = False

Else

chkDollSex.Value = 1

End If

End Sub

in modDatabase client side find this sub

```

Public Sub CheckPaperdolls()

```
and replace the sub with this

```

Public Sub CheckPaperdolls()

Dim i As Long

Dim x As Long

' If debug mode, handle error then exit out

If Options.Debug = 1 Then On Error GoTo errorhandler

i = 1

x = 1

While FileExist(GFX_PATH & "paperdolls\male\" & i & GFX_EXT)

NumPaperdollsMale = NumPaperdollsMale + 1

i = i + 1

Wend

While FileExist(GFX_PATH & "paperdolls\female\" & i & GFX_EXT)

NumPaperdollsFemale = NumPaperdollsFemale + 1

x = x + 1

Wend

NumPaperDolls = NumPaperdollsMale + NumPaperdollsFemale

If NumPaperDolls = 0 Then Exit Sub

ReDim DDS_Paperdoll(1 To NumPaperDolls)

ReDim DDSD_Paperdoll(1 To NumPaperDolls)

ReDim PaperdollTimer(1 To NumPaperDolls)

' Error handler

Exit Sub

errorhandler:

HandleError "CheckPaperdolls", "modDatabase", Err.Number, Err.Description, Err.Source, Err.HelpContext

Err.Clear

Exit Sub

End Sub

```
In modDirectDraw7 find the following sub

```

editoritem_bltPaperdoll

```
Replace the sub with this

```

Public Sub EditorItem_BltPaperdoll()

Dim Sprite As Long

Dim sRECT As DxVBLib.RECT

Dim dRECT As DxVBLib.RECT

frmEditor_Item.picPaperdoll.Cls

Sprite = frmEditor_Item.scrlPaperdoll.Value If Sprite < 1 Or Sprite > NumPaperDolls Then

Exit Sub

End If

PaperdollTimer(Sprite) = GetTickCount + SurfaceTimerMax If DDS_Paperdoll(Sprite) Is Nothing Then

If frmEditor_Item.chkDollSex = False Then

Call InitDDSurf("paperdolls\male\" & Sprite, DDSD_Paperdoll(Sprite), DDS_Paperdoll(Sprite))

Else

Call InitDDSurf("paperdolls\female\" & Sprite, DDSD_Paperdoll(Sprite), DDS_Paperdoll(Sprite))

End If

End If

' rect for source

sRECT.top = 0

sRECT.Bottom = DDSD_Paperdoll(Sprite).lHeight

sRECT.Left = 0

sRECT.Right = DDSD_Paperdoll(Sprite).lWidth

' same for destination as source

dRECT = sRECT

Call Engine_BltToDC(DDS_Paperdoll(Sprite), sRECT, dRECT, frmEditor_Item.picPaperdoll)

' Error handler

Exit Sub

errorhandler:

HandleError "EditorItem_BltPaperdoll", "modDirectDraw7", Err.Number, Err.Description, Err.Source, Err.HelpContext

Err.Clear

Exit Sub

End Sub

```
Still in the module find

```

Public NumPaperDolls As Long

```
below it add

```

Public NumPaperdollsMale As Long

Public NumPaperdollsFemale As Long

```
Thats all there is.

I will update the tutorial when I finish the wearing part which will be soon. Maybe an hour or so. And also delete all your items or convert them.

wouldnt you not need to add any kind of boolean if you just set the items to have one paperdoll but automatically display a different one if the character is a female? it seems like it would be as easy as if player (index).poontang = 1 than the paperdoll would be loaded from a different subdirectory? i dont see why you would need to add anything to the item editor.

shouldnt you just make it load from both files and then choose what paperdoll it uses based on the players gender? then you wouldnt need to edit it item editor or add that boolean, seems like it would cut the code down considerably.

What that code is this?, Example: if you are male and use the item 5 the item gets paperdoll 7.bmp from the folder /paperdolls/male/7.bmp, and if you're female and you use the same item (item 5) becomes the 7.bmp from the other folder /paperdolls/female/7.bmp, depending on your poontang … regards!!! ^^

> Thats what I did, but in a diffrent way. I will have to make some edits though. Like gender determination. I will release a tut for it rather than to the Q&A board.

Ok Bro, but i only need if you use for example Ninja armour if you are male gets /paperdolls/male/8.bmp but If you are female and use the same item (paperdoll) load /paperdolls/female/8.bmp, If you can make some addons, add more, but now I dont need more, I think…

Regards Bro!!! GO GO GO!! GOTO FINISH THE SYSTEM!!! I NEED THIS!!!

i did something like this but i didnt change the folders, i just made 1 the male sword then 2 the female version and so on, that way in draw paperdoll i just added a line that said

if player(index).poontang = female then

paperdoll = item(index)=paperdoll + 1

end if

abhi i try your (updated) code and… dont found look I try to compile the Client (the first tip)

![](http://imageshack.us/a/img822/1453/dibujoviv.png)

here is the error code:

```
Public Sub EditorItem_BltPaperdoll()

Dim Sprite As Long

Dim sRECT As DxVBLib.RECT

Dim dRECT As DxVBLib.RECT

Sprite = frmEditor_Item.scrlPaperdoll.Value If Sprite < 1 Or Sprite > NumPaperDolls Then

Exit Sub

End If

PaperdollTimer(Sprite) = GetTickCount + SurfaceTimerMax If DDS_Paperdoll(Sprite) Is Nothing Then

If frmEditor_Item.chkDollSex = False Then

Call InitDDSurf("paperdolls\male\" & Sprite, DDSD_Paperdoll(Sprite), DDS_Paperdoll(Sprite))

Else

Call InitDDSurf("paperdolls\female\" & Sprite, DDSD_Paperdoll(Sprite), DDS_Paperdoll(Sprite))

End If

End If

' rect for source
```

yeah its solved but this system is not correctly work, i put the tick in the ''Female?'' in the Item editor of my game next i click save and next i re-open the item editor and the tick is not put in the item… and other bug if you put the tick in one item in the item editor the tick appears in all of the items - paperdolls... but next of clicking on save is not put the tick

I TRY THE SYSTEM WITH MY CHAR BOY AND I USE AN MASK FOR EXAMPLE IN THE CHARACTER BOY (ME) THE MASK IS BLACK AND IN THE CHARACTER GIRL (ME TOO) I PUT IN /PAPERDOLLS/FEMALE/4.BMP THE MASK IN COLOUR PINK BUT THE MASK APPEARS IN THE OTHER CHARACTER (THE FEMALE CHARACTER) IN BLACK AND IN THIS CHARACTER NEED TO USE PINK MASK...

SORRY FOR MY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BAD ENGLISH...........