Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EES]Changing movement speed for character

iraasta

Hi. My name is Christopher and firstable i would like to say i seriously LOVE this community.

I was looking for different engines with community at high level, and noone is even half good as this.

But to the point:

I am using Eclipse Event System for about a week, so i'm total newbie. I've got experience in programming

in C/C#/C++, Python, Delphi, however i did never use VB.

I would like to change movement speed of my characters. I found variable in clients folder in modConstants,

but didn't find it anywhere at server side. I changed the values but it really "seems unefective" ( ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png) )

When I start the client it moves with normal speed. Any idea how to change it?

It's my first post so i would like to greet everyone. ![:lol:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png)

–---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from Poland and sorry for aweful language ![:rolleyes:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif)

Welcome to the forum. EO has the speed constants client side only. So just change it. Then either save your client find your client.vbp right click and press make or in VB6 go to File > Make client.exe thnen run in the client.exe. (Compiling is needed only when using the .exe file and not neccssary when you run it from vb6)

> Welcome to the forum. EO has the speed constants client side only. So just change it. Then either save your client find your client.vbp right click and press make or in VB6 go to File > Make client.exe thnen run in the client.exe. (Compiling is needed only when using the .exe file and not neccssary when you run it from vb6)

Hey, having the speed constants clients side won't make the speed hackeable?

> Nope, not unless the source is distributed. And for the client to know what the speed is it is declared in the client. You could, if you want make the server send the constants.

Wrong, since speedhacks hack into a program's memory, not edit the source.

Anyway, it IS possible. But you can write your own catcher for this if you so desire. (although, the speedhacker gets desynced from the server and unable to do anything but on his local client after a while as the server refuses his connections after X amount of spam packages)