Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Deathbeams Event System

jaekx

I have dialogue and a reward, I would like for the dialogue and reward to only happen for a player once. After the dialogue and reward I would like to jump to text that says "Ya already did this now leave" sort of thing. Ive been messing with swtiches and haven't yet come up with a way to kill part of the event after its been executed once. Help? (JCs system you could do it quite easily with switches and pages)

You need to change Player Switch for example from 0 to 1, and at the beginning make condition branch in which it will check the value assigned to this particular switch. If it is equal to 0 show quest's "first time" text. Else if it is equal to 1 show text "Ya already did this now leave".

Have you been programming ever before? ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

If i explained sth not good enough then write it.

Alrite this is what I did

set player variable = 0

conditional branch if = 0

positive -> "Hey how are you?"

set player variable =1

exit event

negative -> "I already asked how you were!"

exit event

and all it does is display "hey how are you"

Yeah, i realized that after a while of it not working, do you know how to do what im attempting to do ertzel? I know how to do it in JCs event system very easily, Deaths is somewhat hard. His tutorial doesnt cover it at all either.

Delete first line with player variable = 0\. I suggest to change all variables to zero in event on first map if variable "first spawn" is 1 and on end change it to 0\. I always do it, it's good way to be sure all variables for new player are equal to 0