Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A question about arranging maps

stevealot

Hey everybody

As part of the course I am doing, I have been given a task of creating a city using eclipse. I have been doing what I can to learn going through the tutorials to learn what does what. I am currently working on setting up warp points to go from one room (map) to the next, e.g. in a market centre, going to a building and warping to the inside then to the second floor etc.

but the thought occured to me that as I have been building these maps, I still have the original 4 the downloaded with eclipse. so my question is when I send the map off for marking how do I make sure that when the people who are testing it out end up on the right starting map?

sorry if this is a question that may have been covered in the tutorials that I may have missed.

So you are following some kind of course where you have been given the task to create a city using Eclipse? Interesting….

Well I guess you mean you want to change the starting map number, assuming you are talking about 4 maps, I guess you are using Eclipse Event System.

For that you need source edit on server side.

The following constants are for changing the player start location.

They are located in modConstants

```

' ********************************************

' Default starting location [Server Only]

Public Const START_MAP As Long = 1

Public Const START_X As Long = 12

Public Const START_Y As Long = 3

```

> Or do what I do make your first map "limbo" which players then have an event tile they must walk on to leave which then warps them to different areas depending on event variables

You use that system too? Darn. I thought I was original :\