Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Multiple Characters on a Account for DX8

WiseRock

Well the way I'd go about it would be:

Changing the "Player" structure to an "Account" structure. Then you would go and make an Account record which would have things like:

```

Username as string

Password as string

Character(1 to NumberOfCharacters) as PlayerRec

```

And from thereon you'd call it by Account(Index).Character(CharacterIndex).whateveryouneedtocall.

Of course that's all theory though, hopefully you can learn a bit from that.

> I have heard about this engine Mirage Realms having it in Robin's History Bundle. Could it be possible to rip it from there. If so could some one teach me

They already teach you how to make one with great suggestion.. If you tried to rip it on Mirage Realms , do you think MR and EO are the same? maybe they are on vb6 , but their basic stracture on codes are different , Me myself tried to rip some parts on it , it take me some time to do it.. Teaching you should take alot of time than learning it yourself , I suggest to rip it on Eclipse Dawn 1.4 or 1.445 (![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)) , It was made by eclipse origins but they remove the topic (I don't know why ) You should ask somebody about it , If they still have it..

Sorry for english

Thank you! ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Sherwin

You could rip it from eclipse dawn. That would be the best way to go. But you also want this in dx8 so you also have to render the windows that show the buttons and the character faces before hand. If you want eclipse dawn, pm me and ill send you a link

When they say rip it from another version, they mean look at Eclipse Dawn, find all of the code to do with multiple characters and copy-paste it into your source (and make some small changes if needed depending on your version you moved it to, like the GUI stuff for DX)

Theres nothing really to show in a video… You go into the source, find the code to do with what you want, copy it and paste it into your source in the corresponding spot... It's basically the same way you would add code from a tutorial to your source, you just have to find the pieces on your own.

Is it possible to release a written tutorial for this?

But I will take a look

Right Now i am probably being the biggest noob ever

EDIT: I mananged to rip it to EO 2.3

But I had to keep all the ini files from the ED.

I love the GUI that Eclipse Dawn Came with so I am using that GUI

Could anyone still help me use it with EO 3.0

Thanks

EDIT: I am really desperate for this to be in EO 3.0 please if anyone could help just PM the things to do