Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you Lose Items/Corpse and have to Go-To & Get Items/Corpse After Death?

Ganjika

I am interested in making it so when a player dies in game they lose Items and their corpse and have togo to and get Items/Corpse After Death? How would I go abouts doing that? I think the corpse should be a 32x32 tile (relative to whatever class the player is) which dissapears once the player loots it and/or their items. Would anyone know how to or be interested in walking me through how I would implement such a measure? Thanks for reading, folks.

Like if one dies 6 zones away from where they are bound at then they would have to venture ALL THE WAY back to where they died at and find their corpse resting at the exact spot of their death with all their stuff, Folks would in turn then have to experience and go through "corpse runs" (which is epic =D).

On a somewhat related note - It would also be cool to find a way to allow players to bind (maybe with a spell) if need be in select zones (like have a checkbox that says "player can bind?" and if its checked they can cast (if they are a magic class who can learn bind) bind themselves (or maybe even others too) in that zone - if they are the proper class to bind so they are dependant on each other or their own characters class/level to bind so their corpse runs (if any) arean't that bad - binding would in turn change their starting position to wherever they were standing when they were bound.

But the key thing here in my mind is the idea of corpse runs and having

to venture back to get ones corpse/items/money after dying in game.

Currently I am using Dragon Eclipse Dx8 Nightly.

I released a tutorial in the source code section for player checkpoints which is basically what your bind concept was if I'm reading it right. It adds a new tile attribute which is a checkpoint, a player can then click on that tile and set their checkpoint to that location. When they die they then spawn at that tile instead of back at the original starting area of the game.

As for the corpse idea, I worked on that back when I was making Zacaras Empire with either Eclipse Evolution or one of the original EO's (I forget which) and the way I was doing it was basically creating a new thing in the map data which was bodies. The bodies variable held storage of the map number, x, y, players name, and then new variable holding item ID and item amount. When you died it would create a new instance of the bode with your location, name and and item data for all items in your inventory. It would then delete all of your inventory items and draw a skeleton to the map.

Once you died you would have 2 minutes to get back to your body. In that 2 minutes only you could open the body and it would bring up a new window that looked like your inventory did and displayed all of the items in that body for you to take back. But only you could open your own body, no one else could. After 2 minutes the skeleton would disappear and the items in it would drop to the map for anyone to take.

I lost all of that coding but was thinking of starting to work on it again and if no one beats me to it I'll try to code up the system sometime this week.

> I released a tutorial in the source code section for player checkpoints which is basically what your bind concept was if I'm reading it right. It adds a new tile attribute which is a checkpoint, a player can then click on that tile and set their checkpoint to that location. When they die they then spawn at that tile instead of back at the original starting area of the game.
>
> As for the corpse idea, I worked on that back when I was making Zacaras Empire with either Eclipse Evolution or one of the original EO's (I forget which) and the way I was doing it was basically creating a new thing in the map data which was bodies. The bodies variable held storage of the map number, x, y, players name, and then new variable holding item ID and item amount. When you died it would create a new instance of the bode with your location, name and and item data for all items in your inventory. It would then delete all of your inventory items and draw a skeleton to the map.
>
> Once you died you would have 2 minutes to get back to your body. In that 2 minutes only you could open the body and it would bring up a new window that looked like your inventory did and displayed all of the items in that body for you to take back. But only you could open your own body, no one else could. After 2 minutes the skeleton would disappear and the items in it would drop to the map for anyone to take.
>
> I lost all of that coding but was thinking of starting to work on it again and if no one beats me to it I'll try to code up the system sometime this week.

That would be epic, You should make the body despawn rate modifiable, that'd be epic.