Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EA Gray Screen!

stopbole

Have you installed the run times by chance? Usually you'll get an automation error with a grey screen. Make sure the run times are installed and if that's fine, you could try changing the device rendering from mixed to hardware or software in vb6 and the function called trycreatedxdevice.

If, for whatever reason your trying to run it through virtual box, you are probably getting the grey screen due to it not being able to render DX3D. I get the grey screen when I log into anything using the newer DX rendering when I run through a virtual box.

> Have you installed the run times by chance? Usually you'll get an automation error with a grey screen. Make sure the run times are installed and if that's fine, you could try changing the device rendering from mixed to hardware or software in vb6 and the function called trycreatedxdevice.

Opening what exactly in VB6? I dont use VB6 cause it usually messes up for me ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> If, for whatever reason your trying to run it through virtual box, you are probably getting the grey screen due to it not being able to render DX3D. I get the grey screen when I log into anything using the newer DX rendering when I run through a virtual box.

so how should i fix this? Get a later version?