Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Advanced Direct X

varinyc

I've never been big into Dx, but I would like to be. I'm having troubles finding good tutorials though. Most everything I look at says "this is simple, it looks like this, it does that.", and leaves me wondering

1\. What does this part mean?

2\. What portion does what, by line ![<_<](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry.png)?

3\. This is confusing

Any help there?

But to what I really wanted to discuss. What are the major issues behind scrolling maps? I know they've never been really popular here, I assumed it was because it was laggy and hard to work with.

I looked up information on DX8 culling, would that help out any of those issues? If so, how would I go about implementing it? I've only found one tutorial, and I got the basics of it, but not enough information to try it out. I know you have to define all 6 sides of the cube, but with Eclipse being 2D four of those surfaces are going to be flat x_x

Not to mention, I wouldn't even begin to know about how to work with camera x_x

The only knowledge I have is words, and I tend to jump into things walking. In all seriousness, I'm DX stupid and have been for years.

How would I go about finding a prebuilt library or wrapper, and what are those normally used for ._.

PS: and by "Looked up" I mean I randomly found it and thought it could be useful somehow, and want to tinker with it but can't ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png)