Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Randomized stats on item drop

Nazban

First off I did alot of searching I could not find anything relevant to my question, so I will start out with a small introduction… I remember when Diablo I was released it was an awesome ARPG. The items had random stat properties it made the game replayable, farmable and different every time. It's an amazing feature and is still used greatly today.

I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this for EO? Is there any open source or private source projects that has successuflly implemented randomized stats on items?

If not will somebody be willing to do this for the community? OR can it be done if I were to pay an experienced developer here?

Thanks for taking the time and please feel free to leave comments reguarding the randomized stat item feature I think it would be an awesome idea to implement.

I wrote this some time ago, and a few people managed to rip it out and implement it in their own source. Not sure if the download still exists.. But I'm sure someone must have parts of it left at least.

Just a word of advice though, it is no simple task to get this running. It's tied into EVERY system that handles items and interactions with items. If you want to implement it, be certain that you'll likely need to rewrite a significant portion of your source code.