Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Few questions

Fuyuumi

I'm making a game (wow, I couldn't be more obvious, huh?) and I need some anwsers.

Can I do all these stuff with Eclipse Origins 2.0 or Eclipse Event System (or whatever it's called):

1\. Use Notepad++ to edit .bas files or I must use VB6?

2\. Make a crafting recipe that'll teach a spell without crafting an item that teaches the spell (Example: I craft 2 Fire Stones with 1 Earth Stone and instantly I can learn a spell to shoot magma balls…)?

3\. Create skillshots like in MOBA games (Example: a magical blast that flies in a linear direction, not a nuke-the-target-from-behind-a-building spell)?

4\. Have more than 255 items, spells, etc.?

5\. Set a player respawn point and a spawn point for every new player and change it if needed?

6\. Create passive skills, buff and debuff skills?

7\. Add some special abilities/enchant/passive skill restriction to a weapon?

1\. So first I have to get VB6\. A visit to Pirate Bay should work, unless someone likes to throw URL's at rookies. ![^_^](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.png)

2\. Looks like I could use Event System, but it'll cost me propably a good part of server performance…

3\. The source tutorial about linear spells should work, huh?

4\. Will having a clear copy of spell/item .dat file will work?

5\. It is setable in map properties? If yes then where?

6\. Source tutorials, here I come.

7\. a) Nuke my server performance with terribly big Event or ![B)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool.png) Finding a source tutorial, again.

Also that Eclipse Event System or whatever it's called (EO 2,3?) should work with EO2,0 codes? And which version is EO3.0?