Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Problems with decompressing GFX

Crossfade

I've got some files from an old game I'm going to try and work some on a bring back.

I'm gonna keep in short, graphics are compressed. So you can't A)Steal and B)Save space

They're all in a .exe form(so really the decom COULD have worked, just can't tell) can't open it, gives me an error about parameters

So I go into the source code of the compress/decompress file. I try to see whats up, and run it that way to test it out. Gives me another error at a sub.

You'll have to give me a minute, all my programming stuff is on another computer so I have to get the errors off that one.

But if I can't get it to work, is there any other way to do it? Again, I'll post the errors here soon so any help I get can be specific.

**And I don't know why I put this here, I did that on straight up accident. Meant to go in off-topic

oks HUH. its compressed into an exe?? o-o dats a first. but idk if it help but try coding it to decompress out a file or make it eject the compressed file and manualy decompress it.. if it was a compressed image file i could have helped but not an exe srry….

but ill look into to it see if this problem had happened before with a fix. o-o

I figured part of it out(I think) but yeah, its compressed but I think its decrypted also. I'm not too familiar with decryption or anything, but would that save it as something like data1.exe?

I reckon it did decom, after I did it I started getting all kinds of errors and such loading the client, so I gotta go to by back up >.> but one the folder I have with the client source when I click on the data.exe files, it opens the command prompt on windows and closes real fast.