Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Les Paul Guitar

Crossfade

Figured I'd show this off. This is my Les Paul guitar I made in my Computer Aided Drafting and Design class. I didn't have all the material I used to render it, so its missing a couple spots(like the fret inlays)

I made most of it in Autodesk Inventor, and ported it over to 3ds Max to finish her up. And the reason you see palm trees is because I needed something for it to reflect off of. But yeah, I made this my second year in CAD. Probably my favorite piece of work. I don't remember how long it took to make, but I know it was a good 40 or more hours. I'll have to try and find some more of my work and show yall. I got alot of mechanical parts, and a few off the wall things…like a tank haha!

Anyways, thanks for looking fellers.

[attachment=448:LesPaul3dsmaxrender.jpg]

Of course, this also has all the screws, pickups, holes for the strings, they're all twisted on the tuners(like a real guitar) basically, EVERYTHING on the guitar, I made and put in piece by piece, part by part. If anyone has every messed with Inventor, they know how big of a pain in the ass it can be. I used 3ds max for a couple pieces, mostly for coloring and rendering though.

To me it looks as if it was floating above the wooden floor. If it wasn't for that (And you clearly stating that you made it ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)), I would've believed it was actually a guitar. Nice work!