Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How to edit my game and hoe to get vb6 and how to make me admin

Daneta

Congratulations on making your way from the shoutbox to the forums!

To make yourself admin, open up your server. Find where it says your character that is logged in. Right click on your account and choose the "Make Admin" option.

To get VB6 you'll need to torrent it. We can't publicly give links out, but search on various torrent sites (e.g. PirateBay). You'll need a torrent client such as BitTorrent or uTorrent.

What's more, when you go to install it, you need to make sure it install it for "compatibility mode for XP SP3". You'll probably want to install SP1 for VB6 as well which I believe you can get from the Microsoft website.

Let us know in this topic if you need further help. If that answers all your questions, please mark your topic as "solved".

ummm he answered u.

1\. to make your self and "ADMIN", you open your "SERVER" and find ur loged in "Char/ACCOUNT". right click that "LINE" and hit "MAKE ADMIN".

2\. to edit YOUR clients MAP files. you use the ADMIN panel to use EDITORS. this will allow you to create your own "WORLD"

3\. to get vb 6.0, find a TORRENT and DOWNLOAD IT.

>.> simple???

Please don't multi-post (posting two or more replies one after the other). Just edit your previous post if you need to.

To download a torrent you need a torrent client as I explained. We can't really help you with that though, you'll have to do a bit of searching and it work it out yourself.

To "publish" a game, you just give people a link to download your client that contains only the .EXE, data files and the .DLLs that are in the same folder at the client.

Your client folder that you give to people should contain:

* Your client ("Eclipse.exe" unless you renamed it).
* The "Data Files" folder.
* fmod.dll

Don't include the source files, only you need those.

To update the .EXE with any source changes (changes to the code), you have to recompile it from within VB6 (File -> Make/Compile Eclipse.exe).

Setting up your server to work is a whole other matter and some people find it confusing, so I'll hold off on that for now.

> ok thx the torrent thing i got it to download and run but i dont know how to use it pls help and really thx for ur help oh and i send u frend request if u want to accect

Look up some tutorials for VB6\. Don't expect us to spoon-feed you everything. Considering the topic of this thread was solved, please change the tag to "Solved" and lock.

Like I said, we can't really help you with every possible question. You best bet is to just Google things; you'll be surprised at how much info' is out there.

I'll help you out for now, so here's a guide for using torrents: [A Beginner's Guide to BitTorrent](http://www.utorrent.com/help/guides/beginners-guide).