Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do i run my game it says server is down

Daneta

No, paste the _**contents**_.

Open "config.ini", copy all the text in side it. Then paste that in here. Do the same for both the "config.ini" files (found in client->data files and server->data files).

I don't wish to be an ass, but if you cannot understand copy and pasting text, you have no hope of ever using Eclipse to make a game. Eclipse is not for people with 0 knowledge. We'll help you as best we can, but you really must use your own intuition and figure things out for yourself. Come back in a couple of years when you're older and have a bit more knowledge.

i only have the one for the client and i just hide my password but this is the only config.ini i have

[Options]

Game_Name=Eclipse Origins

Username=artix

SavePass= 1

IP=localhost

Port= 7001

MenuMusic=Medieval Banquet - BL.mid

Music= 1

Sound= 1

Debug= 0

Password=

client one

[Options]

Username=artix

SavePass= 1

IP=localhost

Port= 7001

MenuMusic=Medieval Banquet - BL.mid

Music= 1

Sound= 1

Debug= 0

Password=

server one

[OPTIONS]

Port= 7001

MOTD=Welcome to Eclipse Origins.

Website=http://www.touchofdeathforums.c

and yes my fire wall has allowed them

… Sigh. Close all versions of the server (server.exe). The server minimises into the icon tray, so make sure you close it from there as well.

Also, to into processes (Task Manager -> Processes) and look for "server.exe" - if there is a server.exe process running, select it then press "end process".

Then load up the server and try again.

> … Sigh. Close all versions of the server (server.exe). The server minimises into the icon tray, so make sure you close it from there as well.
>
> Also, to into processes (Task Manager -> Processes) and look for "server.exe" - if there is a server.exe process running, select it then press "end process".
>
> Then load up the server and try again.

If you don't have another server open, change the port it uses. You might be running something else that's using that port.