Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Some questions about GUI

Darui88

Well, hello my english speaking friends. I want to ask a few questions about gui. Well let's go:

1st.)Let have a look at main menu. How to change the main window gui for my style? I mean that's i have a buttons wich have an animation. But with not an "sharp" eye you can't see the difference between the button's animation. So if you have any clues how to do animation for buttons please post answer marked "1st)))" here.

Now i want to going to the next question:

2nd) Let have a look at hp bar and mp and exp bar. If you look at default featured bars of that you should see that it have a red line of "bloody" hp bar. In my mmorpg i try to release the hp bar as such thing that used in sword art online mmorpg. (If you want i can give you a sreenshot with how it looks via pm. Also i don't know how to release mp bar and expirience bar. Cause they don't shown in anime ever.At this time i think that they will blue or lite blue (mp bar) color and gold (exp) color. But also i think that they must be a smaller than hp bar wich will be a unique style for my mmorpg. Later if i can show you what i want you should see that.

Going depper))): Next feature of my mmorpg called "Sword art Online: Crossblades":

3rd) If i want a release a fully featured fantasy mmorpg i must use the login screen and autopatcher. If i do please give me any clues how to release autopatcher gui and how its works itself please? (If you do i can only thanks you ![^_^](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.png) best regards)))Well gui must have a login screen and register. I think i put in there some screenshots of anime or original or fan art. Does it will be fine?

4) Next thing what i want to see in my gui its a unique character window and party interface. Please tell me one thing. Can i use for character gui additional slots for equipment? (Such as Shield artifact, some kinds of armors: skirt, leggins, shoes and other, and some kind of amulet slot and other features). As for party i think there must be a some gui window wich shows the hp and mp bars of party members like a character hp/mp bars. And it can be a bigger if you run a client in a full screen if that possible.

So i hope you should answer my noobish questions about gui and give me some proffessional development clues how to make a gui better. Thanks!

> Well, hello my english speaking friends. I want to ask a few questions about gui. Well let's go:
>
> 1st.)Let have a look at main menu. How to change the main window gui for my style? I mean that's i have a buttons wich have an animation. But with not an "sharp" eye you can't see the difference between the button's animation. So if you have any clues how to do animation for buttons please post answer marked "1st)))" here.
>
> Now i want to going to the next question:
>
> 2nd) Let have a look at hp bar and mp and exp bar. If you look at default featured bars of that you should see that it have a red line of "bloody" hp bar. In my mmorpg i try to release the hp bar as such thing that used in sword art online mmorpg. (If you want i can give you a sreenshot with how it looks via pm. Also i don't know how to release mp bar and expirience bar. Cause they don't shown in anime ever.At this time i think that they will blue or lite blue (mp bar) color and gold (exp) color. But also i think that they must be a smaller than hp bar wich will be a unique style for my mmorpg. Later if i can show you what i want you should see that.
>
> Going depper))): Next feature of my mmorpg called "Sword art Online: Crossblades":
>
> 3rd) If i want a release a fully featured fantasy mmorpg i must use the login screen and autopatcher. If i do please give me any clues how to release autopatcher gui and how its works itself please? (If you do i can only thanks you ![^_^](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.png) best regards)))Well gui must have a login screen and register. I think i put in there some screenshots of anime or original or fan art. Does it will be fine?
>
> 4) Next thing what i want to see in my gui its a unique character window and party interface. Please tell me one thing. Can i use for character gui additional slots for equipment? (Such as Shield artifact, some kinds of armors: skirt, leggins, shoes and other, and some kind of amulet slot and other features). As for party i think there must be a some gui window wich shows the hp and mp bars of party members like a character hp/mp bars. And it can be a bigger if you run a client in a full screen if that possible.
>
> So i hope you should answer my noobish questions about gui and give me some proffessional development clues how to make a gui better. Thanks!

I, for one, am not afraid of wall of texts and I'll try to anwser.

1\. If you want your GUI have different colors or some nice background simply change the .bmp files in graphics/gui folders. Also I don't think you can make animated buttons (if by 'animation for button' you mean having a button that have a metallic shine animation on it played from time to time), since the files are in .jpg format and only .gif allows animation.

2\. Your HP/MP/EXP bar won't shrink truly like in SAO (the 14th episode, when Kirito is stabbed his HP bar is a shrinking triangle), but you can get a close look. Simply change both the bars pics AND the in-game GUI.

3\. There are few auto-updaters done already, simply use the forums search feature ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)

4\. Look at the Tutorials->Source topics and find a Equipment slots tutorial.

Yes, it is. The 4 ppl party window is already.

I can't anwser that question, because I'm not familiar with full screen features here.

And some tips from me:

- Sword Art Online: Crossblades is NOT a unique name! It's lame like most of the Russian people on Dota 2 I played against (no offence)! SAO is a decent anime (Accel World is much better IMO), and people will simply laugh at you and say that you're not creative enough to come with a cool name for your game.

- Why adding a word ONLINE into your game name? That's a weird trend and recently a lot of games have ONLINE in name, but it's getting kinda lame.

- Before you start editing the source code and stuff first create a background story (or lore if you wan't… I don't see any differences between them) and a plan what your game will have and how big will it be.