Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Releasing a game

Brutalwar

when making a project i was wundering how do i share it with people to get them to help without giving away my idea's

at what point do i have intalectual property rights …or how ever u spell it

can anyone help me out on this because i have my sprites story classes skill system guild system and map consepts all ready

and dont want to have sum1 take my year and a half worth of work

if anyone could help me out on some of this it would be great

There's no easy way around that. A non-disclosure agreement comes to mind. Beyond that you're dealing, more or less, strictly with trust; rule of thumb is if you don't trust the person don't share your ideas with them.

If you want to play it safe, best thing is to tell no one about your project until your ready to release it. People don't really get away with stealing things around here, though, and chances are your idea's have already been used by somebody else.

i understand what your saying im wundering "when" its safe to let people work on it

say i release it and run it on my other comp but it only has a few maps to start and most of the features,sprites,story,gameplay and all that

can sum1 just snag it up and host there own server with my "game"

do i have to make a website for the game first or sumthin?

just tryin to cover my ass

In some respects, you might be better off getting a website and making a post here about it first, before you release anything. That way it means that you can be identified as the creator.

Oh, and if you made the art, you own all rights to it. If you're using RM- stuff, you don't own anything. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

> In some respects, you might be better off getting a website and making a post here about it first, before you release anything. That way it means that you can be identified as the creator.
>
> Oh, and if you made the art, you own all rights to it. If you're using RM- stuff, you don't own anything. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

thanks bunches do you know anywhere i can get a free website? ive seen them i just cant remember where