Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just Looking For A Couple Answers, Thank you!

Nazzket

Hey Everyone!
I was a very long time user back in the day till my best friend I used to make our games with passed away and I kinda gave it up. But anyways besides the point. I havn't been on the eclipse boards or looked around at the coding in some time. So I was really hoping to get a couple questions answered about some common things because I am considering possibly getting back into making a game with some new friends I have. So here goes hope it isnt to much to ask.
1.) Which is a better engine to start coding in and working on. The Eclipse Worlds 1.2.7? Or Eclipse Origins 4.3.4?

2.) I have been just kinda playing around with both of them last night. I see that EO 4.3.4 has a pet system, but it seems to error out on using spells and trying to help attack. That would be a huge upgrade and a big idea I would like. Is there a current fix for this bug or is it broken atm?

3.) It looks to me as EW 1.2.7 is much more stable at just a quick glance, but does it still get updates? I see that a year ago Helladen had said that it wasnt going to be but a couple months for the next update to it but I see that there hasnt been much progess in sometime (From what I remember reading I apologize if I got this wrong). I was just wondering if the updates are still a viable idea or pretty much just working with 1.2.7 from here on out?

4.) I see neither engine has buff spells, is there still a helpful forum on how to add such things, I know in the old EO forums there was an amazing forum that had scripts and other things that people had made that the public was aloud to use, and these people have made wonderful tutorials and etc. Are these scripts still viable or has the source code changed to much to really add these in where it would break the current coding?

My really over all question is, I know both engines are not flawless and every game without some work and a some coding will have bugs. But which one runs the most fluently and with less possible bugs in the long run. I dont mind coding and adding things to the source but I would like just start with the best stable platform before I move on.

Thank you so much, and very glad to be back in the community. =]