Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Seeking a writer for The Tower HD

Exception

Hello! I'm Carim, the web developer and a programmer over at Glaciate, and I'm seeking a writer to assist me in the development of The Tower HD. Before I talk about what I want, allow me to explain The Tower HD…

**The Tower HD specifications**

- Being made in C#, using XNA for graphics and input, irrKlang for audio, and Lidgren for networking.

- Sports entirely hand-drawn exported vector graphics, that are three times the rendered size. XNA AAs this to give the illusion of having a higher level of detail than normal, hence the "HD" suffix.

- Completely custom score, including self-made sound effects, and voice acting on important NPCs. Why not all, you ask? General NPCs will be using the CleverScript API from Cleverbot, allowing for interactive conversations, and we can't voice act THAT. :'P

- Multiple randomly generated dungeons. The alpha will include four various dungeons, each with individual graphics and generation types.

- Pixel-based movement, anybody?

There's much more to it, but there are many details I am hesitant to reveal due to the nature of some members here.

**What do I want?**

I am looking for a (Potentially two?) writer who would be happy to write up a series (~10?) of short texts for The Tower. Some for the website in advertising purposes, but a large majority that'll form the lore in-game. The style I'm looking for is quite general, but I prefer prose third-person, in a steampunk-fantasy setting.

Obviously, you must speak (well, write.) fluent English.

I am not asking for a content developer, I am taking care of that.

**What will you get?**

Well, I don't have money to offer, however, you will be credited, and you'll receive contributor access on the Glaciate forums. I can also give you several sub-domains, hosting, and databases.

Interested? Please PM me, and if you have any questions, ask here.

I'd be interested in attempting this. If you could detail some more background information for the texts regarding lore/advertisement and what you're looking for I'd be more than happy to PM you what I come up with. Did you have any general premise for plot or is that entirely up to us? Would you want something dark and mature or light-hearted? From what I remember of The Tower, you traveled up floors and tried to reach the top. Are there any notorious levels you'd like any lore for? It'd probably be best if you asked people to PM you what they come up with. That way you can get a feel for their writing style and choose which one of the entries you like best.

That's my respectful opinion anyways. This works just fine too. I'll shoot you a PM shortly.

Hello, thanks for your interest! In terms of what I want, it ranges from scriptures to character backstories, to poems. There's a wide range, and I am totally open to changing or developing what I'd like.

As for the plot, it's not something I want to reveal due to the nature of some members here, but it is one thing I'd like help developing. In terms of theme, stories revolving around the dungeons themselves are generally dark and twisted, and the lives of those around the Tower are your average villager. There's no floor specific lore (except for floors where bosses are set to pop up.), as, well, it is random. p

Anyway, please PM me. I'd love to see what you can offer. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

I could attempt to help you as well. I'm currently the writer for Lands of Orderia, though with school, Niko has paused the project until further notice. If your interested, I could write some sample peices for you. Just message me, or contact me via Skype, CMFiend420.