Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions about eclipse advanced and eclipse reborn

Brutalwar

hi everyone im still trying to find the right base for my project

ive read all the post's on EA and ER

my questions are this.

are the engines "shady"

and can i get in any kind of trouble or legal issue if i use them as a base for my project

are there any other stable version of eclipse with linear spells and npc vs npc combat?

thanks in advance for your reply's

ea is most stable out of the dx8 currently with out many big errors you notice, but its not error free.

engine speed depends on ur comp and connection as well bad connetion slow game play. aka LAG

>.>

none have legal issues. most customs are tuts and stuff from other engines.

sekaru please dont post ur one sided views… it mis leads others.

dragon is ok i seen a few ppl that use it not my type to use but if you like it then use it, engine you use should be one you pick.

> sekaru please dont post ur one sided views… it mis leads others.

DMF, when you have no clue what you're on about don't post.

My opinions are not one sided. I have facts to back it up. I can go into the source and pull out hundreds of examples of why it is an awful engine but you can just load it up yourself and see how slow and unstable it is. I have people's best interest in mind meaning that I will not recommend a piece of garbage.

• 4 weeks later...
> Runtimes are just the same as for EO

Not really, it depends on what version you talk about, if you talk about 2.0, then you're talking about Dx7 ones, and they don't match, if you talk about 3.0, then you're talking about Dx8.

> for some reason it wont let me download the runetime files for EA or ER i cant even try them so see what i think lol

[Here](https://www.dropbox.com/s/eldysxbkwotse0e/Eclipse%20Runtime%20Files%20Installer%20%5BDx8%5D.exe?dl=1)

EA is a fine engine to use. You can add things almost as easily as with EO, and as far as I'm concerned, it's more stable than EO 3.0 and has more needed features. People say that you should always 'just add you're own features' but in truth, there is barely anybody here that can. Out of all the members I'd would say less than 10% can actually add a stable, usable, needed feature. So all those developer snobs can just back off of EA, ER, and any other engine that is better than their 'nice base'. (No offence to the developers, I like some of you ;D)

A lot of the features in most custom versions including EA/ER are all out on the forums in simple copy/paste tutorials that can be added to the base EO engine.

For wanting something the most stable, fastest and with the fewest bugs. Your best bet is to stick with EO and add the features yourself and from tutorials.