Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New GUI ingame?

Kumi

> If you want to add your own thing to your engine with a new image on it, you will have to actually explain it. Look at the current source and how graphics are handled, try something on your own. If you can't get it to work, then post here with what you tried and we can help fix it.

Thats execlty what i want, Thanks.

I am pretty new at VB6 so i can't even really do codes, thats why i asked here so if someone want can help me with the code, then i try to move on from that code and learn a little by it, i'll try something out.

If anyone can guide me exectly on how to edit the INGAME GUI and add my own, that would be great please.

Also, i tried doing something. But when i open frmMain's in VB6 it brings up the admin panel not the game screen. How do I get the actual game screen?

if anyone coulde guide me into how i put my own graphics on the ingame screen on VB6 please do, i really need this.

Becouse when i open frmMain's in VB6 it brings up the admin panel not the game screen.

> if anyone coulde guide me into how i put my own graphics on the ingame screen on VB6 please do, i really need this.
>
> Becouse when i open frmMain's in VB6 it brings up the admin panel not the game screen.

You're using EM (which shouldn't be used as a base engine, it was made to rip things out of and put into other engines…) which uses the newer rendering system of Eclipse.

Graphics are rendered to the actual window, not a picturebox in the window like the old system did. That is why you don't see a "game screen" box like in some other versions of Eclipse.

Search through the code for current GUI elements, find how they are rendered, try to use those to make what you need. If it doesn't work, post here showing with you tried. I've told you this many times but you have yet to show any attempt at coding it on your own.

So i have to do it the hard way and have to change the codes instead to open it in VB6 and drag them ? ![:(](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.png)

I see what i can do.

Yes, all graphical things in EM/EA or any other engine not using dx7 (what the base EO uses) has all of that done by code.

Thats why we have been saying to look at the current GUI code and try your own. Once you figure it out the first time, doing any changes after should be easy,

The thing is, its not just one line to edit the GUI….. There are a few different parts to each GUI element in the engine...

As I've said many times, search through the current code. Find a GUI element already in the game (like the hotbar or inventory box). Find everything related to it and study the code, then try your own...

Look at modGraphics and for things like:

```

Public Sub DrawGUI()

```

Find things related to something like:

```

GUI_HOTBAR

```
for example and see whats needed to render that GUI element.