Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

System Random item

marak

if that yes is to being wrong, then try again.

BUT, if it's to being right then:

Assuming the version of eclipse you're using is more recent than EO when they removes sadscript, if you know how to code in vb6 (i'm assuming you probably don't) then this is a doddle.

Otherwise find a coder to do this for you.

What you will need to do (if you want to attempt to do it yourself):

1\. Create a new Item Type within the source code.

2\. Edit the Item Structure so that there is an Array to store the data of which items to give you, how many, durability etc.

3\. Edit the Item Editor so that there is a graphical method for the admin(you) to change these variables for the new item type, for instance a scroll bar which goes through the array and then options to add items or remove them from the list.

4\. Edit the Clients and Server's SaveItem functions to save the new data to the item files.

5\. Edit the Item Usage function for the new type, so that when the Item is used, the item is taken off the player, and using a simple function to determine the maximum valid items within the array, use the Rand(1, Array.Max) function to determine a random item from the list to give to the player.

6\. Compile and Test.

PS. If you don't know how to do this go and make a topic asking for help from someone who knows how to. If you want me to do it, i'll do it for a very very very small price. And it'll be flawless.

If you want to learn how to code with VB6, perhaps this could be a good starting point for you.