Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Source Code Questions

relaxis

Hi guys, just wanted to know a fee things,

is there a direct link to the engine source code or is it included in the download on the main page of the site?

I read sonewhere that you need VB6 to run the engine, however I also read something about it running in VS 2010 - what I wanted to know is if the code is still written in BASIC or has been ported to C++?

Thanks

Relaxis

Eclipse Origins is programmed in Visual Basic 6\. You don't need Visual Basic 6 to run the server or client, but you need it to edit the source. The source code can be found in the "scr" folders both server and client sided which comes with the engine download. If you open the client.vbp or server.vbp file in Visual Basic 6, it should open the code for either the client or server.

The engine is still written in Visual Basic. Marshy Dearest, the owner of the site, is working on a C++ engine, but that won't be coming out for some time.

• 2 weeks later...
> If your question has been answered please mark your topic 'Resolved' using the Full Editor. I've read this twice thinking you still needed help but Matthew clearly answered you.

I think I'll start going through recent questions and set the prefix to solved if it is clearly solved to avoid this sort of thing.

> I think I'll start going through recent questions and set the prefix to solved if it is clearly solved to avoid this sort of thing.

Lol Sounds like a good idea. Most people get their answer and run back to their project and start fiddling with it again, completely forgetting to tell everyone their problem is solved.

> Lol Sounds like a good idea. Most people get their answer and run back to their project and start fiddling with it again, completely forgetting to tell everyone their problem is solved.

Just the ignorant people ![;)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.png)