Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"Unsolved" in Questions and Answers

The Imp

I'm new to the Eclipse community and I was looking through questions and answers so I could answer people and help them with their problems. Now I know this may be hard to fix, but I notice that most of the "unsolved" posts have already been answered and fixed. Perhaps eclipse could have some moderators look through and change them, if that is possible. Like I said it would probably be hard to fix this problem. Unless community members would always change it themselves.

> I'm new to the Eclipse community and I was looking through questions and answers so I could answer people and help them with their problems. Now I know this may be hard to fix, but I notice that most of the "unsolved" posts have already been answered and fixed. Perhaps eclipse could have some moderators look through and change them, if that is possible. Like I said it would probably be hard to fix this problem. Unless community members would always change it themselves.

I've been doing that for the past several weeks. There are several problems with the Q&A board.

1) Lack of information

- People post general questions without posting relevant information that the users need to know to help answer their question.

2) Users ask questions and then are unheard of

- This is especially annoying because then I don't know whether or not to mark it as solved. It's also a waste of time for the people putting good effort into answering the questions.

3) People don't mark the topics as solved, even when instructed to

- I've seen many occasions where people, even when told to, do **not** mark the topic as solved. This is especially annoying for the people sifting through topics to answer questions. It also becomes annoying for the moderators who need to read through all the questions to see whether or not the question was solved or not.

4) Misuse of the Q&A board

- I've seen people post requests of all sorts in the Q&A. This isn't that big of a problem, but it would be nice to fix.

Yeah from what I see, moderators are trying to fix this, but the community does not respond very well. And I know there are so many, thats why I brought this topic up. Because it is kind of annoying going through all "Unsolved" topics when they are actually solved. It might take a while (you would only have to do more recent ones), however after you got what is there finished it would not be too hard to keep it under control.

> Yeah from what I see, moderators are trying to fix this, but the community does not respond very well. And I know there are so many, thats why I brought this topic up. Because it is kind of annoying going through all "Unsolved" topics when they are actually solved. It might take a while (you would only have to do more recent ones), however after you got what is there finished it would not be too hard to keep it under control.

Thing is, you can't really control how many questions are asked per day, and I tend to give topics about three days for a response. After those three days, I'm dealing with a ton of topics.

• 1 month later...