Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Copile error

augusto95

Hi, I decided to continue my old project these days, but now I'm with a little problem…

I've searched at all forum, found a lot of solutions, but I couldn't solve it

When I'm copiling appears this error:

[http://gyazo.com/d36eefc3da10fd4c42106d9595f43720.png](http://gyazo.com/d36eefc3da10fd4c42106d9595f43720.png)

at

```

Private Sub lvwInfo_ColumnClick(ByVal ColumnHeader As MSComctlLib.ColumnHeader)

'When a ColumnHeader object is clicked, the ListView control is sorted by the subitems of that column.

'Set the SortKey to the Index of the ColumnHeader - 1

'Set Sorted to True to sort the list.

If lvwInfo.SortOrder = lvwAscending Then

lvwInfo.SortOrder = lvwDescending

Else

```

I've already installed the VB6 SP6, the libraries and runtimes, restarted the PC a lot of times, reinstalled the VB a lot too..

Please help me and stay calm with me hehe.. ![^_^](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/happy.png)

Sry for a new topic about this… ![:wacko:](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wacko.png)

Sorry I didn't understood what u said at all… Is it for me to download this MSComctLib and add it at VB6 using ctrl+t? can you explain a little more detailed?

And another thing I forgot to say... This is happen only with the server, the client is ok. And it is happen with any version of EO, incluiding a empty one... thx

* Open up server.vbp.
* Go to Projects -> Components OR Press Ctrl+T OR go to the toolbar right click and choose Components
* In the Components window find 'Microsoft Windows Common Control 6.0 (SP6) OR click on the browse button and type in the filename 'mscomctl.ocx' in System32.
* Press OK.
* Recomile

When I open the server.vbp appears it:

> Microsoft Visual Basic
>
> –-------------------------
>
> 'C:\Users\Augusto\Desktop\Eclipse - Event System 2.3\server\MSCOMCTL.OCX' could not be loaded--Continue Loading Project?

When I add the 'mscomctl.ocx' to the components and click OK, it shows:

> –-------------------------
>
> Microsoft Visual Basic
>
> ---------------------------
>
> '' could not be loaded

And if I press Ctrl+T again there will be no 'Microsoft Windows Common Contro 6.0 (SP6)' marked… =/

First of un-register mscomctl.ocx from the current directory. To do this go to command prompt with administrator access and type in the following.

```

regsvr32 {path of mscomctl.ocx} -u

```
After it has successfully unregistered copy it to system32\. (C:\windows\system32) After copying it there re-register it. Delete your current copy of your engine. (Or just remove the src folder and the .vbp. Both server side.) And download the engine again and use it. (Or copy the src files and .vbp file from the vanilla engine you just download)

You'll notice it says " instead of the actual name. This is a good indication that it isn't recognizing the OCX, probably because it isn't registered.

Have you registered it in System64 then? I don't know how offhand - but Google does.

> Make sure to also register in System32 as these are not 64-bit dlls, they are 32-bit.

[Seems you also had this problem last year](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/129253-mscomctlocx-could-not-be-loaded/page__st__20). Was your issue fixed by registering the OCX?

Someone posted a potential solution in that thread:

> I know that this topic is a bit old but you didn't update the post if you have it working or not. If you do nice I would like to post another solution to this problem if someone else runs across the same issue.
>
> Open you VB6 project in notepad and find this line.
>
> Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.0#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX
>
> See the 2.0 in that line if it is 2.0 on yours as well then change it to 2.1
>
> If you have 2.1 then change it to 2.0 or if you don't want to guess check the ocx version that is currently installed but the most common versions are those two then just save the notepad and open your project the regular way.
>
> Good Luck

If that doesn't work - is there any extra information in your frmServer.log?

I did that, register the ocx and then put it at Alt+T…

I still have two problems, the frmServer.log, that I don't know why is happening, and that I still can't copile or play, because of "User-defined type not defined."

Open frmServer.log and read it. It's a text file - an error log. It should be in the src folder. It's happening because you have an error.

Did you try what I quoted above? Version mismatch is pretty good thinking.

I'm having the same problems… I followed tons of guides, and just cannot figure this out. I am using VB6 Professional (I couldn't find a non-iso form of Enterprise, so I couldn't change the compatibility). I have Windows 7 64 bit. At first, I had problems that my MSCOMCTL.ocx was from 6/6/2012, so I downloaded a version from 2004\. After that, when I try to use the library, it simply says " could not be loaded. I unregistered it, registered it in system32, no luck. registered it in syswow64, no luck. Still the same problem. The error I had in the server log was the same as his, "Line 199: Class MSComctlLib.ListView of control lvwInfo was not a loaded control class.". However, I went back to the site, redownloaded the eo files, and tried it. Still the same " could not be loaded, but now I get 3 new errors...

Line 27: Class MSWinsockLib.Winsock of control Socket was not a loaded control class.

Line 35: Class TabDlg.SSTab of control SSTab1 was not a loaded control class.

Line 198: Class MSComctlLib.ListView of control lvwInfo was not a loaded control class.

I just cannot figure out how to get this working...

Edit: I noticed the line "Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.0#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX" was not in my server.vbp. So I put it in, when I first opened the project, it said " could not be loaded again. So I changed 2.0 to 2.1, then it said it could not be loaded in the server folder. So I changed it to the system32 folder where I have the registered .ocx file, still the same thing. It doesn't make sense with the 2.0, because my mscomctl.ocx file is 2.0, but when I put the version as that, it simply says " cannot be loaded...