Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Current projects-My opinions

DrNova

Lol, I liked your comment about the doors. I added some.
And **please don't download it** because there's little to no gameplay, xD
Let us map the mainland, add more monsters, and then maybe download it. But right now… it's just eye candy.
Oh and here's shrig's game's thread
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,28930.0.html
And here's my critique on it, xD

> Not really a summary:
> **DO NOT DELETE THIS.**
> ![](http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/7056/mockup1va8.jpg)
> Okay, I really don't like this map.
> 1)The house appears extremely flat. It doesn't look good, and gives the map an overall flat appearance, probably not what you're looking for. [edit] And also, the house doesn't appear to have a door? what the ****?
> 2)The trees look extremely out of place here. They're too short and stubby to be trees, and the shadow doesn't exactly fit in with the tree. Or is it supposed to be a bush? **I don't know.**
> 3)Use moer than one color for the grass, please. I see you were trying to hide that fact, with watercolor. It didn't work. I can see through your guise. And with the roads? What are those little brown splotches in the road? Are they rocks? Make it look more clear as to what they are.
> 4)Same problem with your road and water. Use more than one color, or else it looks extremely bland and out of place. And also, with the water, I can imagine that when put together into a large water formation, such as a lake or ocean, it would look extremely squarish and unnatural. Which is probably why you only used the 3 x 3 little puddle of water.
> 5)The flowers look interesting, and they would be better if I hadn't caught the fact that they're just mirror images of each other and recolored!
>
> ![](http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q276/Skaterboy991/gui.jpg)
> I laughed. Please, don't say "the patcher in action" when it says "URL CANNOT BE FOUND". And please, give credit to Triad Patcher. It's not your updater, you should give Triad Patcher credit.
>
> > Currently we just need someone with vb6 knowledge to help munro with difficult source editing problems on msn, mainly to bounce ideas off of.
>
> One coder **should** be enough in most cases. Getting multiple source editors wouldn't be a good idea, you'd need them to constantly be updated on each others' progress.
>
> > -fantasy themed
> > -no classes (game is about endless possibilities)
> > -PVP to be encorporated
> > -Battle Arena to be encorporated
> > -if we get tiles that will work, seasons will be encorporated
> > -max lvl=100, but it will increase when there are a few people at 100
> > -Forum, game will have a forum that interacts with the features of the game
> > -Moderation will be done by the players
> > -Please Player Policy- Players first, the only way a game can be successful
> > -Fun, the most important rule is to have fun
>
> No classes? So everyone's just a peasant for the whole time? It's not really endless possibilities of there are preset skills and items for every class to use. So unless you're going to be making new skills/items for _every single player_ then it's not really about endless possibilities.
>
> PVP? That's not a feature. Eclipse comes with that default. Don't list it as a feature if it's not.
>
> Battle arena… come up with something more original, or elaborate more. So far, I am not impressed with the features.
>
> Seasons? Sounds cool. Probably the only feature there, however.
>
> Max level? Why the hell include this? This isn't a feature, why post it? I mean, you don't see those big MMORPGs like FlyFF and Maplestory saying "Oh, and by the way, the maximum level is level 200!"
>
> Forum that interacts with the game? Elaborate more on it, please. Sounds unique, though.
>
> Moderation done by players? So they can basically kick whoever they don't want? I don't understand.
>
> Players first? Obviously not, look at the first feature.
>
> Fun.
> ...
> ...
> ...
> Why include this? A game is SUPPOSED to be fun! Why would people play the game if it's not fun?
>
> > As you know, every successful game has a successful team behind it.
>
> Using your logic, your team isn't successful. Or at least, from what I've seen.
>
> [edit]Lol, a quick google search reveals that Dreamscape was a name of a movie:
> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087175/
> Please, come up with a more original name. xD

Good point. But just for a heads up, don't look at my critique for an impression of his game; his team says that's not their pinnacle of design, and shrig just posts things without consulting with his team whether he should or not.