Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why…

munro

why do mods always lock our convo's. sometimes we actually need to sort things out. like the topic about shrig's question if we dont sort that out we might never be able to get along. plus his question was never answered.

so i ask you mods, why do you always lock topics, that topic wasnt even out of control.

Maybe because the thread starter asked for it to be locked.

Or maybe it was because Soljah wanted to keep our community peaceful.

Choose one.

Come on. 50% of the time or more, you'll be getting an "I think". And if you're going to complain about it, think about it for yourself. [Google is also your friend.](http://www.google.com)

I dunno. I did observe that 3 global moderators were in that topic. I didn't think it needed to be locked personally as it didn't resort to open flaming, and it seemed to be following it's natural course.

But, one guaranteed topic that can cause nothing but trouble, is posts complaining about any forum officers and their actions.

Moderators are normal people too remember and subject to flaws. But remember an internet forum is not like being on the street, there are rules, some of them can be arbitrary, and so can the users that enforce the rules. Basically we do what we think is needed, sometimes we are wrong, but most of the time we aren't and often we do little things you don't even notice, or things you expect (like an idiot making dumb post and getting warned, you all reply with "lol pwned"). In the end, this is Marsh's personal board, he could do whatever he wanted to it, if he doesn't like a moderator or user for any reason it's his perogative to deny them any access to the board.

So yeah, locked because these topics can be bad. If you don't like a moderator's decision send them a PM.

@Munro:

> so i ask you mods, why do you always lock topics, that topic wasnt even out of control.

@shrig94:

> @mod- Please Lock This!!!

thats why it was locked

and to answer shrig's question, as long as your game is completely 100% custom graphics/GUI/music the whole works, you can charge whatever you like, even if you are using eclipse
considering how powerful most people's computers are, most orpgs made by eclipsers cant handle more than like 50 people anyways so not like youd get much money :P