Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help, my game is blue…

Orechalcos

Hi, I'm new, just got Eclipse yesterday.

When I log onto my game everything is blue, but then when I go onto my editor it's right.

When I go off my editor it becomes blue again.

How do I fix this?

Also, I may aswell ask some questions I need to know.

1\. How do I make players go into buildings when they touch entranceways/doors/etc.?
2\. How do I make quests?
3\. How do I make new classes?
4\. How do I make NPCs?
5\. How do I change the time?

If you want to disable the night time feature but still keep the in game clock, edit your tiles10.bmp and change the solid blue square to a solid white square and it will never appear to be night in your game. Alternatively you can change the blue tile to different colors [apparently purple-ish colors work well, although I still haven't tested this personally.] I've been using a checkerboard of alternating black and white pixels, which creates an alright looking nighttime.  Also, remember whatever color/pattern you change your blue tile to, change the blue in the light gradient to the same color/pattern.

As for the Quests, you'll have to script them, or to get a helping start in the right direction, I recommend the Script Index located on these forums.

To make new classes Open Server>Classes and open the .ini files in notepad and edit the individual class files to what you want your classes to be.  Make sure you've set your total number of classes in your Data.ini file in the server folder to however many you've made, so that they all show up in Creation Menu.

To Make NPC's Log into your game, and open the Admin menu by pressing F1 and select Edit NPCs and it's pretty simple from there. Once an NPC is created you can place it on the map, by going to that map, selecting map editor > map preferences and set your NPC to roam on that map, save and you've got NPCs

To change the time, start up your server, and under the Control Panel tab, there is a whole time section.  In EE you can edit the time directly, however in TE I am only aware of the Randomize feature and not sure how to edit it directly.

I think I got them all except for number 1, that's still eluding me a bit myself.

He means, how to make them warp to that map when they touch the door tile. All you have to do is put a warp tile which (on the mapeditor) is located under Select Type>Attributes>Warp.

/Warpto *map bumber of the room you want* to get to the room you are going inside (create a whole separate map for this.) Since you should be the admin of your game, you can type in /mapreport and select whichever map you would like the room to be in by double clicking it. You are then warped to that map.

From there, just stand on the place that you would like people that enter the door to land on and type in /loc.

After you type that in, use the information that it gives you. Go back to the map with the door, go into the mapeditor (/mapeditor) and click on attributes and click on warp. A small box will come up. You then need to put in those co-ordinates in the box. After you have done that, click on the door and the warp is placed.

In oder for players to get back to where they came in, type in /loc before you warp to the room map. Now, go to the room and /mapeditor. Click on attributes, warp, and put in those coordinates. Now, click on wherever the exit back is and another warp tile will come up. Now, the editing begins. Players can now get to that room, and back to where they started!

Have fun!

Thanks. Another question, I just got EE 2.7, I had TE 1 for some reason. I'm just going to do it over again, I had only done one map, so it dont matter. Anyhow, I can't make my EE 2.7 account an admin, I go to my character on server, and all it says is my name and four squares… help?