Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Where can i get a software to edit source?

tenjimaru

@Neku:

> You can also use VB.net, which is free. It can only read about 60% of the code though.

Change that to probably 10%. It will only know things about the UI but that's mainly all. VB.NET doesn't support VB6 completely and all components Eclipse uses can't be ported that easily.

So yeah, Neku, I'm sorry to say but please be quiet next time or at least provide correct or far correct information.

Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 is what you need, you can also look for Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition or something similar.

Regards, Godlord.

@HailBlazR:

> I tried VB.net once. Waste of time. It couldn't compile because you have to have VB6 in order for it to work.

It couldn't compile because it uses a Winsock technology called "IOCP" which is only available on Windows NT-based and Solaris 10\. For that you need to modify the classes used for IOCP. Not really hard. But anyway Eclipse has some other stuff which needs to be modified. One we all know is Microsoft DirectX 7\. VB.NET provides managed coding with Microsoft DirectX 9\. Managed coding is very different to unmanaged coding, if I'm right, I don't use this as I don't  use .NET, if I remember well it is just a simplified form of unmanaged coding. Microsoft DirectX 9 is 2 major versions forward. This means DD abandoned in DirectX 8, you need to use D3D instead. The other stuff is just porting to Microsoft DirectX 9 Managed Coding. Then there are still some things in the whole main code which need to be changed which again requires a lot of work. Welcome to the world of VB.NET, one simple move requests a lot of work.

Regards, Godlord.