Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Port Forwarding—Global IP does not work but IPv4 does

Catapult

Good day,

Please forgive me if this question seems to be newbie. I have searched already the forum and also in Google about port forwarding and I have followed them each by each and yet no luck.

My problem is if I put in _IP_ in _config_ my Global IP, it does not connect to the server. But when I put my IPv4 address, it does.

I have already port forward in my router. Is there anything I missed? Please tell me.

Thank you,

—Catapult

Your IPv4 is a localhost cover. you're just connecting to yourself therefore you aren't connecting to the internet. make sure that you restart your router if you portforwarded. sometimes routers need a restart in order to use that new port. also make sure that the NAT is enabled.

if this fails, then are you changing the port in the ini of the server and client?

Good day,

Thank you Growlith1223 for your response. I have found out that my Global IP isn't static. Every time I do restart my router, the Global IP changes too.

How to enable NAT?

Please help. Thanks for your help.

—Catapult

Static IPs are pretty expensive. Go to no-ip.com and get your own (static) subdomain, then install their software on your (server) computer and that subdomain will always point to your computer, even if your IP changes.