Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How can i change or more precisely EXTEND! the map (scrollx , scrolly) limit???

Keyzack

as u may know many mmorpgs out there 2d or 3d ones work with bigs maps… what i mean by this is that the player move along continuesly without any kind of warp... like in a big whole city or in big world... (for Example: tibia main world, have many biiig maps that don't have any warp) so well my question is how i can make those kind of maps with eclipse engine source?? (if exist...) my grattitude for any help!!... cya

Hola, well if you look in your Server/Data.ini file you'll find this:

Scrolling=1  < If set to 0 scrolling maps are off. If set to 1, scrolling maps are on.
ScrollX=30    < If scrolling maps are on, edit this to how wide u want the map to be.
ScrollY=30    < If scrolling maps are on, edit this to how tall u want the map to be.

Remember tho, I believe if u all the sudden u switch to scrolling maps u have to delete you old maps in your Server/Maps folder. No worries though, when u reload the server it'll regenerate new fresh ones that scroll according to your settings. Hope this helps, tell me if you got questions  ;)

i gonna try it with my eclipse evolution 2.7 version i alrady tryed changing scrollx and scrolly values but always  gave me a subsize error 9 (or something like that) but well i'll try re-installing everything again and let u know hwat happens… but really thank u soo so much!!!!

HAHAAAAAAAA…. i could!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heheheh... i know it's not big deal but damn i really wanted do it :D and i could after all.... well thx again to everyone!! and just in case anyone else have problems what i do was just extract the eclipse evolution 2.7 version and just before even start the server for first time... modify the scrollx and scroll y just as i wanted... the only diference is that the serve now charges kinda more but that's a low cost to pay for all that extra space!! :P... hehehe... welll now i just hope in future versions there could be a way to make maps of diferent size so there won't be need to always fullfill all the space for a lil map.... but well that should be put on the wishlist!... well case ceased! thx for all the support and interest!!!!!!!!!... really :)

Haha well, I know its closed but I thought I'd let you know that it could be cuz you didn't do this, like I said:

Remember tho, I believe if u all the sudden u switch to scrolling maps u have to delete you old maps in your Server/Maps folder. No worries though, when u reload the server it'll regenerate new fresh ones that scroll according to your settings. Hope this helps, tell me if you got questions  ;)